31 | together

A / N

Very, very lighthearted chapter and basically fluff. I hope you enjoy :)

Also, I would recommend listening 'Into You' by Ariana. Kinda fits the mood of chapter.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

31 | together

ALL OF A sudden, Shivaay could not breathe. He stared at the screen of his phone with disbelief clouding his senses. He untangled his fingers from Anika’s hand and put a fake smile on his face as he said, “Excuse me, I need to take this.” Thankfully, nobody paid much to him as they were all rather engrossed in talking among themselves. So Shivaay swiftly walked out the main door and close it behind him. He leaned against it, a shaky breath slipping past his lips.

+918109888320, 9:02, have you ever thought that you could be connected to everything that happened to your wife? What if it all comes down to you?

He gulped. What was this about? HE was the reason she had nightmares every other day? He was the reason she belittled herself?

If, god forbid, it was true, Shivaay knew he would never find it in himself to forgive himself.

“I am sorry,” he whispered to no one.

Anika’s head was paining from exhaustion. Her body was tired as she returned from Gauri’s cooking classes with her. Kids were cute as long as they kept their voice low. But when they started screaming, holy shit, they could destroy a person’s eardrum. And their screams were contagious, if one kid started screaming, every other one in the room would as well. And that was the reason Anika was nursing a headache.

“How do you not have a headache?” she questioned Gauri as she downed an advil. She made a face at the taste.

Gauri laughed, “I have been around these kids too long. Sometimes, I feel like screaming and shouting with them.”

Anika snorted, “Om would have seen that side of you, haven’t he?”

“And you, my dear bhabhi, have been spending too much time with Shivaay Bhaiya. Can literally smell him off you.” Gauri chuckled, throwing her arm around Anika’s neck as they both walked up-to their apartment. “Also, have you done your packing?” Gauri questioned, scrolling through her instagram.

“If not for you, you would fall flat on your face. Put your phone away, Gauri,” She grumbled as Gauri had put all her weight on Anika.

“Fine, fine,” GAuri mumbled, pocketing her phone. She brushed her hair out of her eye, “But have you done your packing?”

“What packing?” Anika asked, lightly massaging her shoulders.

“Shit, Bhaiya is going to kill me.”

Anika stopped. Her eyes automatically narrowed. “What are you talking about, Gauri?”

Gauri avoided her eyes as she thrust the key inside the keyhole. “Nothing you should be bothered about.”

“Gauri, what were you talking about?” Anika asked one more time but no response came. Gauri merely crashed on the sofa, ignoring Anika. “FIne then, Gauri Kumari Sharma, have it your way,” Anika said evilly. She attacked Gauri in a tickle attack, knowing Gauri would spill anything when under attack. It took literally five seconds before Gauri was wheezing and begging Anika to stop. “Tell me what packing and I’ll stop.”