35 | (d)anger

A / N

So, this chapter was supposed to stay in my drafts until I completed the book but I thought to post it since its been over almost two weeks since an update. It's not the best update out there. And I don't even like it (save for a few scenes).

But let's ignore it. It's technically the first draft (the previous draft was almost another story expect for a few similarities) and it's bound to be crap. So deal with it.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

35 (d)anger

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

❝I don’t need a hero. I am my own hero.❞

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

IT HAD BEEN exactly two days since Shivaay returned from his “getaway” which did nothing but mess things up. Or that was Shivaay himself. But he tried to pretend that it wasn’t his mistake that nobody in the house--save for Rudra--was ready to talk to him. His mother, Gauri and Om were mad at him. All for three different reasons.

His mother was mad at him because he didn’t even mention to her that he was going because it had been midnight when he left. And he left without a word. He left with a little note explaining he would be back and he didn’t know when but he would return. He knew it hurt his mom for reasons different that would obvious. Shakti Singh Oberoi left in the middle of night too and left without a word as well.

Shivaay was no different. He had reopened his mother’s wound. Who was to say he was any better than his so called “father”?

Then there was Om who was mad at him because he found Shivaay drinking with no intentions to stop. He had said that Shivaay should be careful and not go down the wrong path. Shivaay had scoffed then, his senses lost and said, “Says the one who has relapsed three times? You think you can advise me? I think not, brother.”

Om had looked at him with eyes that screamed betrayal. That was something they never mentioned no matter what and Shivaay had done that. He had mocked Om on the fact that he had gone down the wrong path too. But like Shivaay had expected Om to lash out, he did not. “But I had the courage to stop and choose the right one. I hope you aren’t a coward, Shivaay.” And those words he had left. It would’ve been way better had Om just slapped him right across his face but those words slowly crept their way into his mind and wrenched his heart.

Why did Shivaay Singh Oberoi had no leash over his anger? He hadn’t just screwed up one time. He had screwed it up with Gauri too.

In the heat of the moment Shivaay had said things that should not have even crossed his mind and yet he had dared to spit them out. To that one person who had always stood by him. It had been rage that coursed through his veins when Gauri said she was happy with Anika’s decision. It had been that rage which made him speak those unforgivable words.

“Of course. Of course you are the one who is happy. Now that Anika is gone, there’s nobody to mess up your kitchen, chastise you for your constant shopping and you get the full control on this house. You know what I think, Gauri?” He had pointed a finger at her and had looked at her dead in the eyes with accusal. “I think you are the one who made her leave because of your petty jealousy.”

She had slapped him, hard and with a harshness that wasn’t her. “You don’t get to this to me. You don’t get to label my love for her as jealousy. Let’s hope that your ego won’t be too crushed when you have to apologise in the future.”