07 | confined

07 | confined

THE MAN IN front of her grinned manically, his yellow and stained teeth showing. “Ohooo, and now tell me you little brat, why did you do it? Huh? We all would have lived peacefully, had you not decided to jump in. You could have been home, going to work and living normally while I would have continued my own work in peace.” But since you decided to worm your way into my life, this is what you get.” Anika watched from afar as another version of herself was grabbed by the hair and slapped. The corner of her lip was bleeding but her eyes were ablaze with hatred.

“If I could do it all again, I would still do it.” The stronger version of herself spat at the man. That version of her might have been weaker physically but it was so much stronger mentally.

Anika pushed her fingers inside her ears to block the screams that echoed in her head. It was a memory or an illusion. It was her mind playing games with her, making her see things that made her afraid. Maybe it was her mind manifesting her fears into a visual for Anika could not recall that ever happening. Tears trickled down her face and screamed at her mind to stop the torture it was putting her through.

She couldn’t watch as that version of her was slapped and kicked ruthlessly. Stop, she screamed, stop making me see this. Anika thrashed in her bed and after many struggles, she finally broke through the memory or an illusion, whatever it was.

The room was dark and closed. The darkness made Anika’s already racing heart thump even quicker and louder. She felt hot tears wash her face as she pulled her knees to her chest. Sobs wrecked her body violently. Her body shook and Anika tried to wipe away the wetness of her cheek, only to find herself unable to do it. Her clammy palms slid across her cheeks.

“Breathe,” she told herself, trying to even out her breathing and failing at it horrendously. “Everything will get better.” But nothing was. Instead, Anika could feel lightheadedness and tingling sensation all over her body. Her claustrophobia was acting fast, making her feel anxious and frightened.

The world was starting to become blurry and pixelated until she could only faintly make out her surroundings. She rubbed her eyes but black dots were beginning to cloud her vision.

Hopefully, after dying this pain will go away, Anika thought but she felt someone grab her nape and yelling. Maybe then it will be peaceful.

The last thing she saw before knocking out cold was his bluish green eyes.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Shivaay Singh Oberoi pushed the door open and nearly felt his heart slack as he saw the sight in front of him. He had been outside to drink water and now he came back to the sight of Anika sobbing loudly. For a few minutes he stood like a statue, finding his feet unable to move. But once the situation registered in his mind, Shivaay scrambled to her just as her eyes were about to flutter shut. “Anika, no, no, baby. No, everything will be okay,” he cradled her head to his chest and rubbed her back soothingly.

“DOCTOR! NURSE!” He bellowed, lowering her head to a pillow and storming towards the door. It opened and a half asleep nurse and doctor came. “WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU GUYS DOING?” Shivaay yelled, grabbing the color of the doctor and glaring at him with such hatred it made the doctor swallow nervously.

“Mister Oberoi, we are–” The doctor began but Shivaay pushed him away.

“You know what, I am done. I am shifting her to my home tomorrow because your crappy hospital can’t do anything,” Shivaay stated, running his hands through his hair and tugging at the roots. “Now, don’t stare at my face but do your fucking job.” He sneered at the two males standing in front of him and the two quickly scurried to Anika’s side, making sure her heart beat rate was back to normal. He stared at the two left and he went and sat on the chair placed to her side.