36 | lies

A/N

Two more chapters to go!

Expect the next chapters soon too since this is my main focus right now considering I want to finish this before Feb.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

36 | lies

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

❝Better to be slapped with the truth than to be kissed with a lie.❞

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

WHAT DO YOU mean by that?” Anika furrowed her eyebrows, tucking her hair behind her ear.

“You got your hair colored,” Shivaay said out of the blue and twirled her hair around his finger. “These look so good on you, love.” He smiled softly.

“Shivaay, we can discuss my hair color later. Can you tell me what this is about?” Before Anika could ask anything else, footsteps echoed in the mansion and Anika jumped. “Who else is here?”

Her question was answered when she caught the sight of Pinky Singh Oberoi walking towards them, looking around. “What’s mom doing here?” she cocked her head to the side to see Shivaay who didn’t answer her, just stared at Pinky until she caught his stare.

“Shivaay,” she said but then Pinky’s attention shifted to her. “Anika.” Pinky looked extremely surprised to see her. “I didn’t know you were going to be here,” she mused as she ambled over to the sofa and removed the sheet from the sofa. She settled down, her face impassive just like her son’s. Anika figured Pinky didn’t want to show if she was hurting from being here. Had it been her, Anika would have been having a breakdown by now. She could only applaud her mother-in-law for being so strong.

She was about to get up from Shivaay’s side and sit beside Pink when she felt his fingers lace through her hand. She tilted her head and his bottom lip trembled as he shook his head softly. “Please, don’t go. I just got you back…” he whispered.

“Okay,” she breathed. A thick and tensed silence prevailed through the air and Anika could feel the hair standing on the nape of her neck as Shivaay and Pinky stared into each other’s eyes. Both of their faces were blank, not an ounce of emotion but to them, silence spoke a lot.

“What are we here for, Shivaay? Let’s get this over and done with.” Pinky’s voice was neutral as she said that. Both Anika and Pinky waited for Shivaay to answer.

“Time we got our answers and turns out, you are the one who is going to give us those.”

“How? Pinky and Anika said simultaneously but Anika continued further, “Shivaay, what the hell is going on? Please tell us what is it.”

Shivaay ignored Anika though. “Mum, I remember asking you what really happened to both Tej and Shakti Oberoi but you never gave me answers. Why? What is it that you were hiding?”

Pinky’s face fell. She opened her mouth and the closed it again after no words came out. “I have nothing to hide.”

“Oh, but this letter tells me here something else.” He dug his hand inside his pocket and presented them with a letter. He started reading the letter. “To Shivaay Singh Oberoi, before we begin. Let me tell you who I am. I am a part of your past, your present and something that will continue to haunt you in your future. Why I am writing this letter is because it’s finally done. The one who has changed me is gone but I will only truly be free when I get the closure I need. And I will only get it when I tell you about how our pasts are connected.”