11 | hope

A / N

I just read the previous version of this book and I want to die in a hole *sigh* Back in a May, I had been proud of I wrote and now I go back to it and it's so damn crappy. I hope I am doing a better job now but I know few months later after finishing I will come back and probably have the same reaction.

Also, I am hoping to read your theories.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

11 | hope

SHIVAAY SINGH OBEROI opened the car door, his sunglasses perched on his nose, clad in a blue suit. He looked at the building that stood tall and for some odd reason, Shivaay felt a sense of nostalgia. He remembered exactly how his mother convinced him for so long to take up on the company but he was hell bent not to. He wouldn't have taken it but it all came down his Dadi and he couldn't say no to her.

He removed his shades and a wistful smile appears on his lips. He felt his heart break a bit at the thought of his Dadi. It had been almost six years and it wasn't like Shivaay was bitter about her. He had accepted that she needed to leave but he couldn't stop himself from missing her.

He could hear his Dadi's last words in his mind, "You are a lovely person, my son. Your heart is pure and gold. I know you feel lonely sometimes but just keep that huge ego of yours in check and I'm sure many girls will fall for your nature, not for your wealth. I love you, Shivaay and I always will even if I'm not here."

He swallowed hard, feeling his throat tightening from old memories. He swiped at the corner of his eyes quickly and walked to the elevator. He pressed the floor number and walked out when he reached the floor of his cabin. All of his employees sat up straighter and mumbled greetings when they saw him. He nodded at all of them with a smile.

Shivaay was a nice and calm boss but that was what terrified his employees. There was something damn intimidating about calm people. People knew better than to mess with him because they knew he could easily destroy their career with a snap of his fingers.

"Morning, sir," Trisha, his secretary, addressed him and handed him his black coffee. He gratefully took it and sipped it. He appreciated how Trisha always brought him coffee according to his preferences. Shivaay mumbled her a 'thank you' and she smiled in response. He returned it and walked to his cabin. He pushed the door open and his tidy office came into view. He was here for work but yet he couldn't keep himself from walking to the wall on which hung up on several frames. The first picture was clicked with his mother. It was when he had given her a gift from his own money. Sure, he had given her gifts from his pocket money but to give her something from which he truly earned, it was special.

Next to it was with his brothers and adjacent to it was placed a picture of him hugging Anika tightly. It had been when he had proposed Anika and Rudra had clicked it. Tearing his gaze away from the wall, he began collecting things he would need to work from home. He checked a few files, separating them in two piles: one he wanted to take home and the other he didn't need.

He clenched his jaw when he opened one of them. What the fuck was this doing in his office? He hadn't touched that file since he first started his work in the office. He hated what that file reminded him. He hated how one incident had flipped their life around. Shivaay threw the file on floor and walked out angrily. The vein in his head was throbbing and he called out to Trisha. "Send the bundle of files I have kept aside, alright? No other files should be there or you are going to regret it, Trisha Singhania."

"Yes, sir," Trisha stuttered out and went 'round him, into his cabin. Shivaay gritted his teeth and rubbed his nape, easing out the tension that was rapidly building inside him. He marched down stairs and saw his driver lazily leaning against his car and talking to somebody over the phone. He narrowed his eyes and stalked towards him. He waited for him to turn around and eventually the guy did because his aura was too palpable to miss. He nearly fell off the car as he spotted Shivaay standing there. Obviously he was not expecting him to be done so soon, thus the reason he was slacking off. "Home. Now." He walked to the side of the car and the man clambered to open the door. Shivaay got inside and let out a sigh.