Childhood (5.15)

PoV- Queen Rose

The past few days have been taxing for both, me and Jenna. For years we've been researching and reviewing all the ancient texts and scriptures and drafting new policies so that when Renessme takes up the throne she isn't to be made undignified.

Ancient Council and Old Council are both required to ratify these proposals. It's been draining because we need to pitch our recommendation in such a way, that the chauvinistic and sexist members can't deny the urgency of these reforms.

The Ancient council consists of ten members, two of each Dom clans.They been voted and directly selected by the people of their respective clans. This council works directly with the Royals in policy formulations and execution.

On the contrary, the Old Council, consists of 15 members, based on their acts of bravery and goodwill. Their wisdom and experience is what earns them this seat.

Ophelia's subordinate Nancy walks in with hot brewing cups of coffee. The smell alone is enough to wake me up.

I turn my chair to see a sleeping Jenna, her eyes wide open. But I am a hundred percent sure, she's asleep.

My fingers vigorously rub my temples, I sense a headache not to far behind. Looking at the exhausted body of my Beta Female, I mindlink her mate.

"Where are you Grey?"

"Up until an hour ago, I was with Zen, he seemed bothered about something Rose. Not helping him relieving stress at night these days?" He teases.

"Why? Wasn't my screams and his grunts proof enough Gee?" I imagine his face turning sour right about now.

Sighing in defeat, "For the past hour, I've been trying to locate my mate. She's conveniently forgotten her cellphone in our room, and ever since you so kindly introduced my mate to the scent neutraliser mist, I can't sniff her out. I know she hasn't left the Island, the border guards confirmed that forty minutes back. The palace grounds are in the clear as well as of ten minutes back. Which leaves the Palace itself. The helpers have been mindlinked, so they should get back to me soon. I'm totally tying her down to the bed, once I get my hands on her."

"Geez! Stalker much?" I fake a gasp

"My best friend had called in the shadow trackers along with his hundred best mercenaries to track you down when you started using that shitty ass mist. Have you forgotten that day? Because I.."

"I get it, all the males are dramatic. The reason I had mindlinked you is, that.... God! Your asshole of a best friend won't stop attempting to mindlink me, even after I've been shutting him out since noon. So listen.... for the love of god! Does he ever stop?" I grits out.

Laughing to himself, "I've been with him since noon, I get why he looked Stressed. Rose, stop blocking him like that, it puts him on the edge and people tend to die when he's that way."

Rolling my eyes, I'm disrupted with the light snoring from Jenna. I motion Nancy to place a blanket on her.

As I'm about to mindlink Grey again, he channel is already busy with someone. Pushing my connection with him, but the person who he seems to be talking to is more powerful than I am, sighing I already know who that person might be. My mate!

After a few seconds, when I am able to connect with him, "Finally, listen about what I called you for.."

"Okay, I made a booboo, my Queen. I've managed to piss off the King of the Supernaturals. I told him I just spoke to you and he lost it, not sure if his wolf would let him be sane for the next few hours."