Epilogue

||Renessme||

One month later

From the large glass window, I could see, the street light outside flicker, it was almost pitch amd a storm was brewing. The wind was picking up, but I switch by focus back on the table before me that needed cleaning.

Just as I was grabbing the washcloth from my back pocket, I felt a presence behind me, my breath hitches up and imagination runs wild. Is it an axe murderer? Perhaps a potential rapist? Grabbing the fork from the table, a deadly weapon for piecing through a human skin yes, but what about the supernaturals creed? I turn, my arms over my head in the air ready to stab, only left frozen as my mind processes the feminine body. There she was, my fellow waiter, Yavnika, staring out the window, from top of my shoulder.

Aborting my stabbing plan I groan, whereas the Indo-Sino vampire diva gave the fork in my hand an amused questionable stare, embarrassed dropping it on the table I jeer, "You scared me Yavnika!" I breath sigh of relief as my heart starts to settle.

Her eyes again get trained on the dark outside, scrunching my eyes together in order to get a better insight of what was there, I shrug and continue with my work.

"Is everything alright?" I hear a masculine voice from behind the counter, knowing well aware of who it was, my legs start to make its way to the bench that was next to the window, near the entrance door.

The second the heavy steps cease a meter or two away from me, and a grunt and whine follow soon, the Male snaps, "Stop spacing out, Niks!"

Bolting to where I was, Yavnika nudges me a little more harsher than I would've liked, "Girl! That grey-hoodie stalker hunk of yours is back!"

He was here exactly 8 days back.
Finally he's here.

Quincy striding to where I was, stood merely inches apart from me, his hand intertwined with mine, "I think it's ridiculous that he use to come for coffee 5 times in a day! Should I talk to him?"

Squeezing his hand in assurance and offer him a weak smile to tell him no. Simultaneously, Yavnika, on my side scowls, "That guy is good for business, not to forget that ass and thunderous thighs in those pants will only attract females."

Rolling my eyes at the females promiscuity, I leave the two there to discuss with each other regarding our client. Taking my apron off, I trickledown to the staff room at back door with only thoughts of food. Grabbing the backpack from my locker, I start to trudge out, "My shift is over, see you two on Monday!"

My left hand grab the door when I hear Quinn huff, "Wait!" Making his way to me, his hand wraps around my arm, "Want me to drop you home today Ren? The weather isn't the best, also it is late."

His eyes brimming with hope, cheeks red, as the silence and awkwardness grew his clasp on me got weaker, smiling warmly at him, I shake my head, "Quincy, Nika's shift ends at midnight, she'd need it more. It's not that late for me, I'll manage." His hands didn't leave my arm, until I stress out, "Thanks, Quincy. Really!"

Reluctantly and saddened he does let go, but not before he rushed towards the counter to grab a brown bag, and back. Firmly placing it in my hand, he said, "You didn't eat since lunch! Creme Burlee for dessert! "