Childhood (5.18)

PoV- Third Person

You could say Renessme had managed to get herself a decent head start of about three minutes give or take, but that didn't last for much long.

When the boys found her, Ren stood infront of them, smiling sheepishly. Her eyes averting the Princes, additionally her tiny fingertips were fiddling with the hem of her jumper.

"I warned you about this happening, which is exactly why I had instructed you to walk with your eyes wide open, West!" Reprimands Mason

"Ahem, I.. I don't know what you're talking about."

This feigning innocence act of Renessme had earned a few hearty laughs from the boys.

After taking a deep breath, smiling, Attrius walks over to where Renessme West stood, "If you didn't want him or the others knowing that you've managed to fall, merely five minutes into the hike, you should've cleaned yourself better." He whispers in her right ear, as he hugs her close.

Her eyes practically popped out of her head when she heard Attrius's claim, yanking him closer to herself, whispering back to him, "How?!...What? No, I didn't."

Pulling himself away from her, he makes her put her palms out straight, then takes out dead leaves and twigs that were tangled in her hair, a few more that stuck on the back of her jumper. Then from his backpack he takes out a tissue, and cleans up the back of her pants, she had fallen on the left side since all the dust were collected there. Using the tissue, he cleans of the dust. Without another word, Places the dirty tissues in her hand. Finally with a wet tissue he cleans her wrist, and sticks a band-aid on his small cut.

Pinching her nose, "Needs further elaboration?"

All she could do was stand there shaking her head.

Once she was out of her daze episode, she rushes over to Mason, standing tall at fore of him, "It was the logs fault, I swear I was careful and nothing was there, but out of nowhere.. Boom! It was before my feet causing me to lose balance and falling. But see." She twirls in front of him and then does two jumping jacks, "I'm not hurt, so don't worry, and I promise to not fall again, okay?"

Noticing that he had just sneered at her explanation, she jumps up and playfully pecks his cheek. Then running back forward towards the trailed paths.

Not even a single minute had past since her grand declaration about being careful. Ren was about to fall flat on the ground this time, due to the rocky path. Managing to balance herself, quite unlady like at it, she grins over at them.

Proud of this accomplishment, "Told you, Macee!"

And the next second she's down on her ass, because she turned too fast in her excitement, making her legs twist.

"Shit!" She yelps out.

Breathing in and out from her mouth, in order to calm down and forget about the embarrassment she caused herself. She plasters on a smile, gets up with the help of Ceaser this time.

"It just had to happen in front of them. Now I'll never hear the end of this" she mumbles to herself while cleaning off the dirt her clothes had just collected.

"You okay?" Concern prominent in his voice

Nodding, hugging Ceaser from the side, "Thanks Cee!"

After a minute of deep thought, she makes her way to where the rest of the boys stood, pushing Jason two steps back and Titus to a little left. Now it was her in the centre of them.