The Lies. The Truth. (7.6)

||Renessme||

On the left corner of my eyes, settled on the chaise, exactly like he was at the beginning was Jason, only now he looked broken.

"Jason?" I yell this time.

I look at the boys, even they looked confused about his lack of response.

Was he mad at me?

Taking him all in, I saw his shrunken defeated form, he held a glass with an amber coloured liquid, while his other hand was in a fist.

Despite his head hung low, I could somehow tell that Jason was in a deep thought, as he swirled his drink around, oblivious of me calling him.

"Jason," I screamed on top of my lungs, and when his head shoot up to look at me, his face held a whirlwind of emotions.

At that sight, deep inside my heart, I knew that I would regret to ask him, 'What's going on?,' I would probably be broken at what he had to confess to me.

Let it go?
Don't ask, please don't ask.

Who would it be?
Sandra? Naomi? Someone else?
Please, be a lie.
Don't let this be real.

Hopefully!
But you have to know.

Gulping audibly, I hesitantly ask, "Jason, is something wrong?"

When I see his eyes turn misty, and him sniffing up a snort, I decide to walk over to him, moving away from Mason's embrace.

That distance of merely fifteen steps, felt as if it take me an eternity, hobbling towards him. Few steps in my hip gets scratched with a shattered leg of the coffee table, sucking up the pain, I move closer to him, but as I was a couple of steps away, my toe hits on the leg of the chaise, causing me to wince and lose balance, but Jason's strong arms catch me.

My left palm settles on his right cheek, this makes him rub his face on hand, his eyes fixed shut, "Jason, talk to me? Tell me what's wrong?"

Suddenly eyes jerk open, and he jumps away from my embrace, stumbling when he hits the chaise. Faltering he plants his ass on the chaise, just on the edge, resisting the urge to cry.

Don't say it.
Be a lie.
Please.

"Jason?" I whisper.

Is he mad simply owing to the fact that I forgot to ask him?
Please be emotional due to that.

Even before he could say something, I inquired, "Is this your reaction because I forgot about you?" When he doesn't say anything and looks confused, I clarify, "Earlier from this discussion."

Shaking his head, "No"

Give me strength!

Arching an eyebrow at his behaviour, I suck in a breath and ask again, "So you're not mad at me?"

"No" he says weakly, almost inaudible.

Despite the my heart yearning to close in our proximity, I stand my ground, eagerly probing, "Want to talk about it? Just you and me."

His head bowed down, he whispered almost broken, "No."

"What's going on?" I mutter under my breath, annoyed at his unusual behaviour.