The Lies. The Truth. (7.10)

|| Jason ||

Approximately four hours since surgery

"Would you stop doing that?" I snap at my brother Titus, who kept tapping his foot on the beige marble Italian floor of the hospital room. When he doesn't, I stretch my hand to the left to get hold of an empty try and throw it his way.

Just as it's about to hit his head, he ducks causing it to hit the back of Ceaser head that was sleeping on the couch behind Titus's chair.

"Ahhh! That hurt you ass!" He sneered at Titus, only to realise it was me who did that. Then the metallic tray dropped down to the floor making a loud clinking sound.

I shrug off the evil-eye he gives my way, Mason that was slouched on the floor, directly opposite off of wall where Esme's bed was. He had his eyes shut, at the moment.

We all have been patiently waiting for Es to wake up post her surgery, then I heard hurried steps closing in on the door. That made Attrius rush to the door, his eyes were black and the aura of the room became hostile, his warlock Zaccai was in charge right now.

Bursting the door open, Beta Jenna frantically storms inside only to crash into Zaccai's hard chest. A small whimper left her mouth, and her hand start to rub her head where she collided with him.

Turning her face up, she arches her head, "I need to see my daughter, you have to move." The tiny woman whisper yelled, not terrified of what stood before him.

Unfazed at her harsh request, Zaccai with just his mind makes her float up to his eye level, just as her feet leave the group she squeals in a sharp tone.

"My High Priestess looks a lot like you," he said as his figure traces down Beta Jenna's cheek, "but beware, you're not her. I could kill you by thinking it woman."

Either Beta's emotions were clouding her mind, or she wasn't scared of Zaccai at all, "That girl that lays on the bed unconscious was birthed my me, she requires me to there."

When he still doesn't move, Beta approaches it in another manner, "Princess Renessme would want her mother with her, don't you think so Zaccai? Everyone from her family beside her, would make her happy. Don't you want her to be happy?"

Just the mention of Esme's happiness had him melt like I putty, nodding his head repeatedly he lets her stand steady on the floor.

Whipped!

"He's whipped" I heard Mason from the same position mutter under his breath at the exact same time as I thought it.

Pushing Zaccai away, rushing to where I was sitting on the chair on the left side of the bed of hers. Making herself comfortable on the chair, she attempts to ungrip my hand from hers, only to earn her a warning growl from Marcus, "Don't push it, I'm the selfish one amongst my brothers."

Sighing, she starts to pat her hair, "What happened to my baby? I got here as soon as the safety protocol was lifted."

Just then entered Greyson, that hugged his hysterical female, Lightly whispering encouraging words in order for her to calm herself.

Nothing seems to help her situation, and behind to yowl, demanding  from us, "Who did this... to her?" She finished off her sentence gulping down audibly taking her all in.