Part 3

2010

Hoseok: The curiosity

»Hoseok!« I heard someone shouting, but I just kept my eyes closed pretending that it isn't my name.

It's not that I didn't want to talk to them, I just needed a minute to catch my breath.

I haven't slept in days, let alone even see my bed.

Every day I started school at six, ate my 'lunch' that consisted two strawberries and a turkey sandwich, then took the bus to my friend's place where we had dance practices till midnight or... until we couldn't walk anymore. The minute I could be back on my feet, which was usually at 2AM, I left my friend's house and got ready for my performance that was at 2.35AM. I was constantly 'fashionably' late. Not that the crowd, that stood on the streets every night, minded. They weren't there for me. They were there for the drinks and 'living their best lives', whatever that meant. I didn't really care if they knew who I am. I was getting paid, and that's all that matters. However, I did gain a lot of friends and then later on even fans, mostly girls. They liked that I was that type of person who could approach someone without hesitation and talk like there's no tomorrow. I didn't look that bad either, at least that's what they said.

»Hoseok! Yo, Hoe!« I heard again and sighed.

Obviously, I will have to steal my sleep somewhere else, I thought as I slowly opened my eyes and saw my friend Jaehyun happily skipping my way.

I gave him my widest smile.

»What's up, Hyung?« I asked him and he proudly patted my head.

»You were so good today, Hoseok! Are you sure you're not secretly a celebrity?« he joked and I playfully hit his arm.

He glared at me: »Yah, you brat. Respect your Hyung.«

I hugged him with all the strength that I had left in me and poked his cheek, just like he hated it.

»Jaehyun-hyung! Are you upset with me? Are you? You are not! Aren't you?« I laughed.

Hej just scoffed and pushed me away while pointing his finger to the exit door.

»By the way. A girl and two guys were asking for you. Damn is she hot! You have to tell me how you do it,« he pleaded and I raised an eyebrow.

»Well, what did they want?«

He looked confused: »Does it matter? Hoe, she was so hot that I'd have a kid with her, go through a gruesome custody battle, get into fights with her and her new tattooed boyfriend over child support and spend the rest of my life drinking alone in my shitty apartment, just to hit that without a condom.«

I giggled though I was disgusted.

»Alright, hyung. I believe you. Where are they again?«

He pointed to the crowded room from where I could hear loud rock music.

»By the bar.«

I instantly rose to my feet and walked in their direction even though I could barely walk and I felt deadly pain with every step I took.

I spotted them as soon as I got there.

She really was hot, I couldn't deny that. She was small, tiny even, and so cute that I wanted to protect her from all the dangerous situations that this bar offered, but at the same time I wanted to hug her so tightly that she would suffocate. Her silky brown hair was wrapped around her petite face and almost hid her large doe eyes in warm brown color under the bangs.

Well maybe hot is a bit too much, I thought to myself.

She was like a little kid so I felt bad describing her like that.