Part 15

SHINee (debuted 2008)

Jimin: The fresh encounter

The next day was, to say the least, awkward.

We didn't really talk with each other unless we needed to and that was not good because it was the last day of practice for the debut and we were meeting a group that debuted in 2011. Their manager promised our company to lead us through it and give us advice. I was excited because the members of SHINee were very successful for their age, but also calm, down to Earth and likable. It was an honor for us to be able to meet them. The ride to the studio was quiet. I could say that everybody remembered what happened last night and they weren't really proud of it. I wasn't either.

Jin groaned as the car stopped: »Can someone carry me inside?«

We all ignored him and got ready to enter, but he limped after us with a frown on his face.

»Yah! Don't you feel bad for me? Last night I fell asleep on the table and fell down right on my head,« he complained.

Jungkook raised his eyebrow: »Then why are you limping down there?«

Jin snapped his head away, blushing furiously and stumbling on his feet. He looked like a fish as he was opening and closing his mouth, trying to answer.

»You... I... Well,« he stuttered, »Aish, kid, don't question me!«

And with that he ran away like a Furia, wincing after every step he took. Tae giggled silently as he seemed even more excited than everyone else. He told me that his best friend from high school is a member of SHINee and he was really happy to see him again. He even chose his cutest clothes to wear because Minho apparently 'didn't know that Tae was a top'.

The moment we entered the dance studio Tae yelped loudly and ran off into the arms of a tall gorgeous boy. He seemed a bit older than us, mature and charismatic. He was that kind of a person you feel the most drawn to and inspired by. The moment I saw him I got this strange urge to write a song. He wrapped his long arms around the tiny frame of Tae when he collided with him and smiled down lovingly. His hand slid down to the small of his back until it was just an inch above Tae's butt before he lifted him up and swung him around, causing Tae to cheer like a kid.

I heard a loud groan from beside me but I didn't look to see where it came from.

»Oh, he looks a lot like Taehyung's type,« suddenly said Hoseok and I nodded.

»Tall,« I sighed dreamily.

»Dark haired,« added Jin.

»Beautiful,« butted in Namjoon.

»Stupid,« scoffed Jungkook and we all glared at him.

He shrugged and turned away before signaling us that we had company. I turned my gaze to a small skinny boy with a wide smile that approached us and the moment I did I wanted to coo at him. He had sharp jawline and nose, all decorated with high cheeks that hugged his big beautiful eyes perfectly while hiding under slightly too long cotton-candy pink locks. A sleeveless T-shirt was exposing his collarbone and I could see little drops of sweat that were running down it and disappearing under the fabric. He was sharp yet so soft it stressed me. I inhaled sharply and his eyes landed on me for a moment before he looked at the floor, a huge smile on his lips. I immediately decided that this must be the most beautiful sight I've ever seen.

»Well, hello, there,« he greeted with his deep voice that didn't really match his looks, »my name is Kim Jonghyun.«

Namjoon stepped forward and introduced us all, then let Jonghyun introduce his band-mates too. We met Onew (the leader), Taemin (a real softy), Key (a smol bean) and Minho (Tae's friend). They were all really nice, helping us with choreographies and calming us down. They said that we will definitely be nervous about the whole debut thing (we couldn't escape that), but we'll see it's no such thing once we get a hold of our nerves. It didn't really personally help me, but it soothed me that they had to do it and they obviously survived. I instantly felt comfortable around all of them, even though Taemin was shamelessly flirting with me all day. I didn't take him seriously because he honestly looked like a huge fuckboy, plus Minho seemed to like him. I occasionally caught Jonghyun looking at me and I allowed my stomach a little flip every time it happened. Of course, I couldn't keep my eyes off of Yoongi but a feeling of someone as beautiful as Jonghyun noticing me made me feel like a million bucks. We finished practice around 11 PM, sweaty and exhausted. We were just getting ready to leave when Junghyun turned to me.