Part 5

Taehyung: The coincidence

I munched silently on my popcorn that I didn't eat last night as I watched my best friend, Minho, space around the room, marching almost like a desperate soldier.

He only stopped for a second to look me pleadingly in the eyes: »Taetae... Please.«

I just shook my head and continued eating.

He cried and fell on the bed face first.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adored Minho, but there were just things that I couldn't do for him.

He was 4 years older than me so we didn't attend the same school but we sure as hell hung out a lot. We met through a dating app a few years ago by an accident (don't ask) and we didn't stop talking ever since.

I absolutely adored him - in a brotherly manner of course. And if there was a chance, I would adore him in any other possible manner too.

He lifted his head off the bed just to give me the puppy eyes: »Please, Taehyung. I'll let you pet my dog as long as you want.«

»That sounds tempting but I'm sorry to disappoint you and pass, «I said before stuffing my mouth with popcorn.

»WHY?« he suddenly shouted and then whined as loud as he could.

I startled and spilled all my popcorn on the floor. He wasn't bothered by it so neither was I.

We were currently in his room getting ready for sleep after a 6-hour marathon of Disney cartoons. It was Saturday so we could afford it, eating until we fell asleep by the bathroom sink or on the kitchen floor.

Right now he was convincing me to go with him to some audition tomorrow. His dream was to be an idol. My dream at the moment was being tucked in the bed with chocolate and some mozzarella sticks while watching Paw Patrol.

»Pleaseee. Just come with me. You don't have to audition if you don't want to.«

I ignored him.

»Fine. How about you adopt my dog?« he said enthusiastically and give his dog a light push in my way.

We both looked at him with disgust.

»I can't even take care of myself, let alone a dog,« I scoffed and the dog silently agreed.

I could see in his eyes that he was thanking heavens that I didn't take the offer seriously.

Minho shifted on the bed and scooted closer to me while stretching his arms out to cup my cheeks.

»Okay, I didn't want to go this far but you just forced me to,« he breathed with serious eyes.

He leaned forward and I was sure he intends to kiss me, so I pushed him roughly off the bed.

»Yah! What was that all about?« he shouted and started chasing after me.

I was scared for my dear life.

»I don't know. What was it about?«I teased, even though my voice cracked.

He will kill me.

And then they will find my dead body in his bathtub because he's too lazy to bury me.

He huffed, angrily: »If you think I wanted to kiss you, you're wrong. Who'd want to kiss a brat like you? I wanted to tell you I'll buy you a sack of cucumbers if you go with me.«

I stopped whatever I doing at the moment instantly and his head bumped at me because he was still trying to catch me.

He knew I loved playing with vegetables even more than chasing after dogs and eating ice-cream.