Part 8

Alec Benjamin-Let me down slowly (came out 2018)

Jimin: The encounter

It was just a regular day for me.

I was sitting in our kitchen, waiting patiently for my waffles to be done, while listening to some music that was coming from my phone on the shelve for spices. Alec Benjamin was currently telling me to let him down slowly with his low manly voice and I quietly hummed along, happy that I had some alone time. Sure, boys were by now as my family, but being alone always had that charm for me, it almost felt like I had no worries at all.

Our debut was coming with lightning speed, so we were working really hard, practicing our dance routines almost 16 hours a day.

Sometimes it felt like prison... But most of the time we loved it.

I still thought I was not good enough or wasn't doing enough to succeed, but Jin and Namjoon always calmed me down, saying something like: »You are beautiful.« Or: »You did well.«

Deep down I still felt like it isn't true, but hearing that from a person that was close to me ... it just did something to me, something I couldn't quite explain.

Namjoon and Jin were like second parents to me, Jungkook my best friend and Tae basically my soulmate. I hung out with Hoseok only when we were causing troubles in the dorms, but I loved him anyway.

And Yoongi ...

Well ...

The door swung open as my answer, causing me to jump in my seat, spilling my orange juice everywhere.

Yoongi just scoffed at the sight of me and started preparing himself breakfast.

»Good morning,« I mumbled under my breath, but he just ignored it.

My heart stung but I quickly reminded myself it's always like that. Me jumping around him, pleading for his attention, and him simply pretending I don't exist.

It's been like this since ... Well, since we met again.

/flashback\

2010 – the day I was moved to Bangtan house

Those cold eyes – I could feel the ice that was melting in them when meeting the sunlight outside. They were now staring at me calmly as if they didn't know me, as if they've never seen me crying or eating eggs in the morning or naked.

Those black locks – they were mint green when I last saw them, now they're messy and oddly unfamiliar to me. It's strange how only a few months ago I knew exactly how they feel under my fingers. They were soft and silky. I wonder if they've changed.

Those lips – they seemed so soft from where I was standing. Thin and not very pink, but promising and attractive. His lips were like a magnet, forcing mine to part slightly and tremble in anticipation.

They were the same lips I could still feel on my skin, traveling up and down softly.

Warm kisses, morning routines, bodies tangled together.

It was all still there as if it never left.

But his smell, bitter smell of black tea and jasmine, the veins on his hands and clothes I've never seen before, I knew nothing about them.

They were strangers to me, just like the person in front of me.

Has he changer?

Or if not, have I changed?

I bet his kisses could still make my skin tingle in expectation, I thought to myself before I could stop the flow of my thoughts.

Sweaty palms, blushed cheeks, my pulse under his eager lips, heart beating like crazy, but my mind staying pure and full of love and stupid.