Part 26

Yoongi: The dream IV.

"I love you."

Those three words said with so much sincerity ... with those wide beautiful eyes in the color of black chocolate ...

He could say he hates me and it wouldn't hurt as much.

I instantly know it's over now and my body fills with pure sadness, not ready to let go just yet.

I tried to avoid answering, you know.

I cupped his cheeks and kissed him, but he just furrowed his eyebrows and repeated it.

"I love you."

I stumbled out of the bed, struggling to put my pants back on.

We just had the best sex ever - I think for the sixth time today because my parents weren't home and we were happy to be alone. Until he dropped the bomb.

"W-won't you say it back?" he asked me, sadness and confusion behind those simple words, even more hurtful as I knew I'll have to make it worse.

"No," I said sternly.

"Why?"

"Because I don't."

I froze in the middle of putting the belt back on as I realized that I was standing closer to the door than I was to him, and I couldn't help but think that it must mean something.

He didn't say anything, just stayed where he was before, struggling to keep the small tears from falling.

He knew too.

He knew this was the end of us - that's why he wasn't screaming and shouting as he used to whenever we argued. He let me take the lead this time as I knew he'd die if he had to say something right now.

"Jimin," I said with hesitation.

Not babe.

Not baby.

Not even Chim.

He shook his head quickly, covering his ears and letting the tears spill all over. To say the least - it broke my heart.

"I think we should break up."

He sobbed loudly while shaking his head violently.

I said it so why does it still hurt?

"N-no! No, ple-e-ase, Yoongi. I love you s-so mu-ch it hurts. You can't do this-s-s to me."

I threw him his clothes as a hint for him to get going, but he just sat there, trembling too much to even stand up.

As I didn't answer he started crying again: "I-I ... p-please. I t-take it ba-a-ack. I won't say i-it even again, I prom-ise."