Part 19

Taehyung: The rejection

It was Sunday, at 12 AM, when I finally climbed my way out of bed. I was still wrapped securely in a soft baby blue blanket Jimin bought me for my birthday when I opened my bedroom door and went for the kitchen, rubbing my eyes with tiny fists in the process. It was pretty early for a lazy Sunday, but I could already smell eggs and bacon from the kitchen where Jin and Namjoon were quietly arguing about something. I stopped in my tracks while yawning when I saw Yoongi, sprawled out on the small couch, soft snores erupting from his thin lips. He looked so comfy and gentle like this, just like the white bear my mom brought me in second grade. I sighed and dropped the blanket on the floor and then without a single word jumped on him and nuzzled my nose in the crook of his neck. He responded with a loud 'oof' before trying to get rid of the extra weight on his body.

"What the f- ... I mean, hi," he whisper-yelled, probably figuring that Jin could hear him from the not-so-distant kitchen.

"Hello," I yawned.

"What are you doing?"

"Cuddling."

"Oh, okay. Yeah, just lay on top of me. I have no problem with it at all," he hissed and tried to push me away but failed.

"Mmm, okay," I answered, wrapping my legs around his waist and drowning even deeper in him.

"Tae."

"Hm?"

"Do you want to die?"

"Not really. Why?"

"Please, just get off. Jimin might get the wrong impression."

I yawned again and a droplet of drool fell on his cheek so I wiped it off with my finger.

He groaned.

"He doesn't care, hyung."

There was a long pause.

Of course, I knew I was considered the dumbest of our group, always talking about vegetables, unicorns and stuff like that, but I had eyes. I could see the things that were going on between Yoongi and my best friend. I knew about Jin and Namjoon's ... little something. I was childish, not blind.

"Yeah, but I'm still his ex and you're his best friend."

I just grunted in response.

A soft paddle of socketed steps was heard and a second later we could already see Hoseok, his eyes glistening with his good-morning mood. Yoongi sighed because he already knew what was coming.

"Group hug!!" cheered Hoseok and jumped on top of both of us, probably breaking Yoongi's bones and nerves.

"Hobi."

"Yeah, hyung?"

"Get your fucking elbow away from my dick."

"Is that better?"

"No, it's still there."

"It isn't mine then."

Before Yoongi could strangle Hobi there was another silhouette above us, smiling softly at the ball of bodies.

"Oh, hi, Jimin," said Hoseok, "wanna join?"

Jimin nodded and carefully climbed on top of us. Yoongi quickly let go of Hobi to grab at his hips, preventing him from falling and pulling him closer.

Of course, I didn't miss it - the way his sigh was a bit happier this time.

Hobi yelped in fear because he lost his balance and I gave him a hand to steady himself.