Chapter 34: Fight

We first head to Sebastian's room where we lay Isa's sleeping form on the bed and tuck him in. 

"Stay with me." And then we head to the living room. I stay right behind Sebastian. As we enter the living room, I stay by the door while Sebastian goes straight ahead. Elizabeth and Henry stand up from where they were sitting and Sebastian grabs Marcus by his collar. "Why'd you do it, Marcus?" he asks in an angry tone. "Why!??" He yells out loud. He towers over Marcus and looks very dangerous.

Marcus looks straight into his eyes and says coolly, "I didn't do anything wrong. She came to me."

"That's a lie, Marcus and you know it." He says in a low, threatening voice.

Marcus just scoffs. "You think I'd go for someone like her? I've got better standards, brother. She practically begged me to take her. I just did to keep her little heart from breaking."

"Sebastian, let go of your brother's collar. Let us all sit down and talk it out." Henry tries to step between the brothers.

"No!" Sebastian yells. "You all listen to me and listen to me well. This man here is a rapist. I will not associate myself with the likes of him anymore. We're leaving. And I'm taking my nephew with me."

Elizabeth and Henry gasp. It was as if they hadn't realised it yet that Isa was their grandchild. Sebastian lets go of Marcus and turns his back to them.

"So this is what it's really about, huh brother. That b*tch." Marcus says in a mocking tone.

Sebastian turns back to face him and in a low, threatening voice, warns him, "Don't you dare utter one more thing about Amy or else I'll-"

"You'll do what, eh? You're so blinded by that b*tch that you refuse to believe your own brother, for Christ's sake!"

Sebastian glares at him. "Yes, I'd her words over yours any time of the day. And you know why? Because, we've talked more in the past year than you and I ever have in 34 years. So yes, this is about her." And with that he turns his back again to Marcus.

"So like what, she's been wh*ring around again, huh? Seducing you with her body? Guess her type never chang-" but before he could finish his sentence Sebastian turns around, grabs Marcus's collar and lands a solid punch across his face. 

Henry and I gasp. And then I notice Elizabeth breathing quickly, clutching a fist to her chest and then losing her balance. "Elizabeth!" I call out and rush towards her as she passes out.

Sebastian lets go of Marcus of steps back. Both him and Marcus remain frozen to their spots while Henry and I sit beside Elizabeth as she lay unconscious on the carpeted floor.

"What are you waiting for? Call the ambulance right now!" I yell at them.

Sebastian takes his phone out from his pocket and calls the ambulance while I begin giving her CPR. The ambulance arrives soon and place her on a stretcher, wheeling her into the ambulance. I follow them outside but Sebastian turns to me and says, "Stay here, please. Don't go anywhere." And they all head to the hospital, following the ambulance, leaving me behind.

I head back to Sebastian's room to check on Isa. He's still sound asleep. I lay beside him, shut my eyes close and my mind starts wandering into all that's happened in such a short span of time. I wanted to fall asleep, to escape everything, but in vain.

After about thirty minutes of tossing in bed, I decide to head to the guestroom to freshen up, pray Zuhr and then call Sebastian to inquire after Elizabeth. The whole house seems deserted. All the help had either gone home or were in the servants quarters.

After I'm done praying, I remove my hijab and gown, plop down on my bed and grab my phone to call Sebastian.
I press call and before he picks up, the door flies open.

It's him. Again.