Chapter 40: Now

They say it isn't supposed to be perfect the first time but I'd beg to differ. I wouldn't change a thing about that night, five years ago. The memories still seem fresh as if it were only yesterday.

Our lives are so different from what we'd imagined it to be.

Sebastian resigned from his job and now heads his father's company, but remains a visiting consultant at Royal London Hospital.

I, on the other hand, am now a specialist in the same hospital and a proud author of 2 best-selling books;

"Solidarity in Similarity: United we stand, divided we fall" which discusses different religions and how to live in peace and harmony.

"Overcoming trauma: My fight" which deals with sexual abuse.

I also give guest lectures around the world regarding sexual abuse and religious beliefs.

It all had to do with the fact that my story was widely circulated and I was invited to speak in several talk shows. Initially I was reluctant, but with Sebastian's encouraging words, who said that if I could make the smallest difference, even that would count towards greater good, I went forward.

But, my biggest pride would be my four lovely children.
Isa is 8 years old and is quite the artist now. In fact, he occupies the art room most of the times.

Musa was born exactly 9 months after the wedding. Yup, high fecundity.
He's 4 years old and is a little too naughty.

Sarah and Hajar, the twins, were born 3 years later.

Elizabeth and Henry retired 3 years ago and have bought a house near ours, to stay close to their grandchildren. Let's just say that they spend much more time at our house than their own.

Mama and Baba are back in India but keep visiting us frequently, thanks to Sebastian's private jet. Yup, being Rich has it's own perks. And trials.

Though there are the occasional hurdles we have to face, having Sebastian by my side has given me the ability to be brave against all odds, Alhamdulillah.

Allah is truly merciful.

This is my story.
What's yours?