Chapter 39: Paired

We head back inside into the house and as soon as I enter the living room, I clap my hands to get everyone's attention. Sebastian comes and stands beside me.

"So, we have an announcement to make." I pause and exchange looks with Sebastian. We both then say together, "We're getting married!"

Both sets of parents rush towards us and Isa just tilts his head in confusion.

"That's wonderful news, Amy! We're so happy for both of you." Elizabeth says with a kiss on my forehead.

"So, did this idiot girl finally realise her feelings?" Mama asks Sebastian.

"Mama, stop embarrassing me!"

Sebastian chuckles and says, "I don't know, Aunty. She never told me."

I glare at him. He stifles a smile and turns to look at the opposide direction.

"You made a good choice, son." Henry says with a pat on Sebastian's back.

One week later:

"Amy, are you ready? Everyone's almost here!" It was mama calling. 

"Yes, mama. I'll be out soon."

I'm wearing a simple, cream lace gown which looked modest and classy at the same time. My dress wasn't form fitting but not baggy either. I wore a beautiful headpiece over my hijab which elegantly draped around my chest as well.

After our Nikah is done in the Mosque, Sebastian's extended family along with my immediate family have lunch together.

While we're sitting around the table with everyone, Isa, who was sitting on Sebastian's lap (as usual) asks
"Bash-bash, will you live with us?"

I smile and say, "He's your daddy now, Isa. You can't call him Bash-bash anymore!"

"He's my daddy?" He asks, confused.

"Yes, and he will come live with us."

"Forever?" Isa asks tilting his head.

Sebastian smiles and gives him a kiss on his cheek. "Yes, my son. Forever, in Sha Allah."

When it's time to say goodbye, everyone gathers around as and give us their well wishes.
We then sit inside Sebastian's convertible, while Isa waves at us from Elizabeth's lap, whom he now calls Grandma. Henry, his grandpa, is looking lovingly at him.

We zoom out and as soon as we hit the highway, Sebastian turns his face to me and says, "God, you look so beautiful, Amy. I can't believe I've waited so long to say these words out loud."

I lower my gaze and smile.

"And you, Sebastian, are the most handsome man I've ever laid my eyes on." I say with my gaze still fixed on my hand.

I then turn my face to him and he does the same. We smile lovingly at each other.

As soon as we reach home, he rushes to my side and opens the door and gives me his hand.

I take it and get down. He shuts the door and as soon as I'm about to walk, he comes from behind and lifts me in his arms, bridal style.

He then kisses my forehead and heads straight to his home. Our home. And takes me straight to his room, placing me on his bed. Our bed.

He comes and sits beside me.

He then lifts my chin to face him and says softly, "Amy, I've waited so long to tell you this, so many times I've almost done so too. But I wanted to save it for this occasion."

He takes a deep breath. "Amy, I love you. You're the first woman, and the only woman in my life. I promise that I'll cherish you forever, in Sha Allah."

I smile. "Sebastian, you're not the first man, nor the only man in my life. I've got another. His name's Isa" I wink at him.

"Outrageous!" He says in a mocking tone.

"But, you're the first, and the only one to make me feel this way. I was almost about to say those words the day you proposed to me, but I wanted it to be special too."

I take a deep breath. "Sebastian, my husband, I love you! You complete me. Before you came into my life, I was just living. But with you, I feel alive. I feel wonderful."

We are then lost into each other's eyes.

"Amy, can I see your hair now?" Sebastian says, looking slightly embarrassed.

I chuckle. "Yes, but you'd have to help me remove these two million pins first."

When the last pin comes off, I say, "Wait, close your eyes first!"

"Why? I want to see!"

"Let me fix them first!"

He pouts but obeys. I quickly fix my hair and clear my throat.

He opens his eyes and then smiles. "You're even more beautiful than I'd ever imagined."

"Tsk tsk, so you mean you've imagined me without my scarf?" I ask incredulously.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't help it. You were in my dreams so often, it wasn't something I could control."

He steps close, so close that there's no more space between us and picks me up. I wrap my arms around his neck while my legs rest on his torso.

And we share our first kiss.

He takes me to bed and places me carefully. He then snuggles beside me and we cuddle each other.

"Amy, shall I let you in on a little secret?"

"Uh-huh, tell me all your deepest, darkest secrets, Sebastian" I chuckle.

"Uh- I'm a little nervous for tonight."

"Why? What's wrong?" I ask him softly.

"I don't know, I'm scared I might hurt you."

"Hey, I'm okay. Really."

"Uh- Amy, I meant it the other way." He pauses and runs his hand through his hair. "It's my first time... I was saving myself for marriage."

I become silent. This is too awkward. And sweet.

I then cup his face in my hands and say, "It's okay. It's not supposed to be perfect the first time as I've been told. It's a learning process. We're in this together. You don't have to be worried."

Okay, truth be told I was practically screaming inside but this was the first time I'd seen Sebastian seem so vulnerable. So, I really don't know where all these motivational thoughts were coming from. I guess he brings out something new from within me every single time and that's why he's perfect for me.