Chapter 35: Retribution

It's him. Again.

I drop the phone from my hand as I see him standing there, anger radiating from him.

I'm engulfed in fear. He looks too dangerous.

He walks straight and slaps me hard across my face. I fall back on to the bed from the impact.

"You wh*re! I should have killed you that very day! You didn't deserve to live. I should have killed you just like you killed my grandpa! I'll torture you so much, even death would be a mercy! How dare you take away my grandpa, then my brother and now my mother! I'll kill you!"

He tears the back of my shirt, unbuckles his belt and starts hitting my bare back with the belt.

I struggle to get up but he's too strong. I'm lying on my stomach with him sitting on top, pinning both my arms with his knees and still hitting my back with the belt.

It hurts so much and I could feel the warmth of the blood trickling down the sides of my body, the once white bed sheet now stained with my blood.

He then lifts a vase from the side table and smashes it on my head. Everything starts blacking out in front of me.

"Oh no no, you don't get to sleep through it this time!" And he lifts me by my hair and then pushes me. My back hits the bed and I writhe in pain from the contact of the open wounds with the bed.

He then starts punching me in the abdomen, until he gets tired.

He then stands up and takes something out of his back.

"Which one would it be? A slit in the neck or a bullet through your head?" He says in a mocking tone, seething with hatred, holding a gun in one hand and a knife in the other.

"Help!" I yell at the top of my lungs.

He takes the knife and stabs it straight into my thigh and then withdraws it. Blood starts pouring and the shooting pain radiates throughout my body.

"Scream as much you want, there's no one here, to help you. I sent everyone home as soon as I set foot into this house." He says and starts laughing hysterically, like a possessed maniac.

"Or maybe I should just rape you like the last time, and this time, maybe I'd get a doppelgänger too! You should have never dared to refuse me in the first place!" He again starts laughing evilly and starts attacking on whatever remained of my clothing.

"Mama?" I hear Isa's voice at the door. Fear starts engulfing me as I see Marcus turn his head in Isa's direction and an evil smile begins to form on his face.

"No! Please! Do anything to me but spare him. Please!!" I beg Marcus, trying to pull Marcus's face towards me but his head doesn't budge. I then bring my arms to encircle Marcus's neck and wrap both my legs around his torso to divert him.

"Isa, run away from here! Go!!!!" I practically scream.
But Isa remains frozen in fear, seeing my condition.

Marcus looks at me and smiles evilly. "You took from me the ones closest to my heart, so it's only fair I do the same with you. I'm all for justice, Amy!" He spits my name in disgust and tears himself from me.

"No!!!" I scream as he heads straight towards Isa and points his gun at him.

"Please, Marcus! Please!" I fall to the ground, sobbing uncontrollably.

"Marcus, drop your gun!" I hear Sebastian's voice boom. I lift my head and see him glaring at Marcus. "I SAID DROP THE GUN, MARCUS!!!" He shouted at the top of his voice. I can hear police sirens outside the house.

"No! I'll kill this b*tch and her b*stard son!" Marcus shouts back and with that he fires in Isa's direction but Sebatian covers Isa and the bullet hits him on his right thigh instead. Marcus is frozen when he realises he shot Sebastian and drops his hand, still holding the gun.

The police arrive on scene and the officer shouts "Drop your gun and fall on your knees! Now!"

Marcus, in his shock, does not move. The officer tackles him down and take his gun from him and handcuffs his hands behind him. 

Isa cries on seeing Sebastian stumble and blood oozing from his wound. 

"I'm s-sorry, Amy, for being so l-late." Sebastian says in pain, coming towards me while dragging his right leg.

"Shh- it's okay. I'm okay. It's over." I say, trying to calm the both of us. 

He removes his jacket and puts it over me and pulls the zip. I hadn't realised till then how barely clothed I was. He then embraces me in his arms and kisses the top of my head. 

"Amy, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if anything bad happened to you or Isa. I brought you back here into this house, while the monster was still here. I'm so sorry. I don't think I can ever forgive myself for such recklessness." He says, still hugging me and crying.

"Sir, the ambulance is here. You both need immediate medical attention. Please, come with us."

We're both wheeled into the ambulance. An officer takes Isa while he continues to cry. Everything's a blur. As soon as we reach the hospital, we're both wheeled into separate operation theaters and that's the last thing I remember before being put to sleep under anaesthesia.