Revelation

Kate's POV

I wake up in a white room and realize that I'm back in the sick bay. I sit up and rip the needles and pads off of me before standing up and walking out of the room.

"Kitten, what're you-"

"How long have I been out?" I cut Tony off as I approach the team.

"Only a few hours." Bruce says, I sigh in relief. I turn on my heels and walk out of the room.

"Where are you going?" I hear Bucky yell after me.

"To figure out what the hell happened to me." I state bluntly.

I make my way to the training room and step into a closed off area before trying to get my hands to glow again. I clench them as hard as possible but nothing happens. I let out a frustrated sigh and see a small spark at the tip of my fingers but it quickly goes away.

"Are you sure you want to be doing this?" I hear a voice behind me and turn to find Bucky.

"How else am I going to learn how to control it?" I say, unclenching my fists.

"There's probably a better way than yelling angrily into an abyss." He jokes. "Dinner's ready, let's go eat." He holds out his hand and I sigh before taking it.

At dinner, everyone seems to be extra quiet. I try to push away the feeling that it's because of me but can't deny it. As soon as I'm done eating, I decide to retreat to my room.

"Hey Kitten," Tony calls after me, "if you want to move your things into my room you can."

I turn around to face him and make eye contact with Steve before quickly looking to Tony and nodding. I turn on my heels and step into the elevator.

Tony's POV

"I take it you two got back together?" Nat asks before stuffing her face.

"Not officially." I say, washing my plate.

"How? When?" Bruce asks.

"Well she came into my room crying the other night, she must've had a nightmare." I sigh, drying my dishes and putting them away. "After that we've kinda just been closer I guess."

"I'm happy for you Tony, I really am." Bucky says. "But if you hurt one hair on her head I'll-"

"I get it, Frosty. I don't plan on hurting her any time soon." I wink, making Bucky cross his arms as he mumbles something to Steve, who's looking down at his folded hands on the table. "Get some rest. We'll all be training together tomorrow. Kate needs all the help she can get." I announce before making my way upstairs.

I hear a frustrated sigh and see a flash of light come from Kate's room before quickly running in.

"Kate?" I ask, breathing heavily. I see a burn mark on the wall and turn to find Kate sitting in the corner with her knees held to her chest. "What happened?"

"I'm sorry Tony, I didn't mean to." She begins to cry. "I-I was just trying to reach the top shelf and it fell and I-"

"Shh, it's alright Kitten, I'll fix it tomorrow." I hold her close to my chest. "Why don't we leave your things in here and you'll just sleep in my room, yeah? That way you still have your privacy."

She looks up at me and I wipe her tears away. "Okay." She sniffs.

"Come on, I want to show you something." I smile, holding my hand out to her.

I lead her into the elevator and press the button to the roof. The doors open to reveal a rooftop garden and millions of stars in the sky.

"Wow." Kate breathes, looking up. "You know, this kinda reminds me of the first time you told me that you loved me." She smiles to herself.

I smile at her. "I still do, y'know." She turns to look at me with her eyebrows slightly raised. "And if you'd let me, I'd like to have another shot at this." I motion between her and I and she blushes as she stifles a laugh.

"You still don't fully have my trust, Stark." She points, I nod. "But how can I say no to that face." She winks and I shoot her a smirk.

"What do you say we go settle in for the night. We have a long day of training tomorrow." I suggest, she nods as she wraps her arm around mine and rests her head against my shoulder in the elevator. I scoop her up in my arms and carry her to my bedroom.