Secrets

Bucky's POV

"Have you told him yet?" I ask, laying in the miraculous pillow fort that Kate and I took 30 minutes to build.

"No.." She sighs. "I can't, Buck. It's going to tear him apart!"

"Do you think it's going to be better if he finds out the hard way?" I ask, turning on my side to face her. She looks down. "You need to talk to him. Or I will."

"No! No, I'll tell him.. Just, not yet, okay? Tony and Bruce are working on a cure, if they find one in a few days and can fix me then there's no point in worrying him."

I shake my head as I let out a long sigh. "Don't shake your head at me." She huffs.

"Don't tell me what to do." I narrow my eyes at her playfully.

"Don't make me melt that metal arm of yours." She smirks.

"I dare you to try." I raise an eyebrow.

She jumps on me and pins me on my back. I look at her hand as it starts to turn bright orange and my eyes widen. She starts laughing and her hand turns back to normal. "Gotcha." She winks.

While she's laughing, I take the advantage and flip her over so that she's pinned. I look down at her, still laughing, and feel my heart jump in my chest.

I know Steve has a thing for her but he hasn't been making any moves. He seems pretty content with being in the friend zone.

I glance down at her lips, wanting to kiss her more than anything, but move away from her and return to where I was laying.

"I could've done it." She pokes my nose. "You're lucky you're my best friend."

"Best friend? Really?" I ask, smiling.

"Well, yeah." She smiles. "Am I not your best friend? Because if I'm not then I take it back."

I laugh at her words. "You're my best friend too." My heart aches as the words leave my mouth.

Kate pulls me into a hug. When she pulls away I notice a michevious grin on her face.

"What?" I ask, allowing a grin onto my face as well.

"Can I paint on your back?" She asks.

"What?" I repeat. "Why?"

"I don't know, I see pictures of people doing it all over Twitter and I wanna try." She pokes her bottom lip out. "Pleaseee."

I sigh and agree just to make her happy.

"Yay!" She cheers. "I'm gonna go get some paint, when I get back in here your shirt better be off." She says innocently but of course I take it another way and blush.

"O-Okay." I swallow, watching her crawl out of the pillow fort.

Kate's POV

I take the elevator to the down to the storage floor and search for washable paint. Once I find some, I make my way back upstairs with a smile on my face.

"Hey, I thought you were with Bucky?" Steve asks when I bump into him as I step off of the elevator.

"Oh, um.. I am.."

"Not anymore you're not." He smirks devilishly. Luckily, I dodge his arms as he tries to pick me up and run to Bucky's room.

"BUCKY!" I shout, running into his room with Steve on my tail. I open his bedroom door and quickly crawl into the fort to find a shirtless Bucky waiting for me. I blush at the sight and quickly look away.

Steve crawls into the fort and furrows his eyebrows. "What the hell is going on in here?"

"Steve, it's not what it looks like." Bucky says, sitting up.

"Really? Because it looks like you're half naked in front of my... Kate." He pauses, obviously using my name to replace another word.

"I was going to paint on his back." I explain, showing him the paint and brushes in my hands.

He looks between Bucky and I before removing his shirt as well. I feel my face turn red and focus on his eyes.

"Why wasn't I asked?" He tosses his shirt to the side.

"I.. I um.. You.." I can't form a single sentence because of how flustered I am.

"Good job Steve, you broke her." Bucky laughs, making Steve blush.

"H-How about we do like a train thing? I'll paint on Bucky's back, he'll paint on your back, and then you'll paint on my back?" I say to Steve, who bites his lip.

"Deal."

Bucky lays on his stomach and I begin to paint on his back. He continuously asks what I'm painting but I shush him, telling him to wait until I'm done. As I paint, Steve does his best to keep a conversation going. Once I finish, I take a picture of it with my phone and show him the picture of outer space that I painted on his back.

"Woah! That's so cool!" He smiles. "I'm never showering again."

"Ew!" Steve and I laugh.

"Okay, my turn." Steve says, laying on his stomach.

Bucky begins to laugh as he thinks of a picture to paint before taking the black paint and brushing away.

"What are you painting, Buck?" Steve asks wearily.

"A beautiful flower." He lies. He's very obviously not making a flower.

He quickly finishes his painting and takes a picture to show Steve, whose face reddens at the giant penis painted on his back.

"Jerk." He mumbles as Bucky cracks up and I stifle a laugh.

"I guess it's my turn." I say, pulling my shirt over my head. Both of the boys blush and Steve punches Bucky when he realizes that he's staring. I giggle to myself as I lay on my stomach.

"Um, Kate, your bra is kinda like in the middle of your back." Steve says, stumbling on his words.

"So then unhook it." I say.

"O-Okay." He says.

I feel his fingers grazing my skin, sending chills up my spine as he unhooks my bra. He begins to paint, taking his time, until he's finally finished. He takes a picture of it using my phone and my eyes widen at the beautiful painting of a beach sunset.

"Wow.." I breathe, holding my bra as I sit up since it's still unhooked.

"Hey Bucky have you seen Kate?" I hear Tony's voice and freeze. Please don't say anything about the virus in front of Steve. "Bucky? I-" he stops talking when he enters the fort, seeing both of the soldiers shirtless and me holding my bra up. "Why wasn't I invited?" He asks, taking his shirt off so he doesn't feel left out. "I didn't know you were into this kind of stuff, Kitten."

Tony crawls over to me as the two soldiers are still frozen and I giggle. He presses his lips to mine and I instinctively kiss back without hesitation. I pull away and look passed him to see Steve wearing an angry yet upset look on his face.

"I think I like it better when it's just me and you." He says, picking me up and carrying me out of the room, destroying the pillow fort in the process. He brings me to his room and gently sets me down on his bed.

"So now you have two super soldiers at your every beck and call and I'm chopped liver?" He crosses his arms playfully.

"That wasn't what is looked like." I giggle. "We were painting." I explain, showing him the now smudged painting on my back.

"I figured it was something innocent going on but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to make them feel awkward." He laughs and I shake my head.