Decision

Kate's POV

"So what're you gonna do?" Bucky asks once I'm sat on the edge of my bed.

"I don't know, Buck. This is all too much for me." I sigh. "I love Tony, he's done so much for me. But Steve.. If only he hadn't been hung up on Peggy, I'd be with him right now and all of this would've been avoided."

Bucky presses his lips together. "Well, you don't have to make a decision. You're young, live your life while you can and worry about this later."

"You're right." I take a deep breath. "I just hope they don't take it the wrong way."

"If they do, it only makes things easier for you." He shrugs, making me laugh.

"Would you mind bringing food up to me? I'm starving." I poke my bottom lip out and blink my eyelashes at him.

He shakes his head as he chuckles. "Anything for you, shortcake."

After he gets up, I get comfortable in my bed and turn on Netflix. As I'm searching for something to watch, there's a knock on my door.

"Come in!" I say, expecting Bucky to be here with food. The door opens and Steve steps in. I feel my heart sink to my stomach as I sit up on my bed.

"Hey.." He says softly, sitting beside me.

"Hi.." I avoid his eye contact. "I um.. I read your note.."

"You did?" He asks, I nod. "I came down this morning to talk to you but once I saw you and Tony I figured I'd leave you guys alone." He explains.

"When I came up the stairs, I wanted to actually talk to you about it." I look up at him. "But after everything that was said I'm not sure how to feel anymore." I can see the heartbreak in Steve's eyes. "I still care about you, so much, but I care about Tony too."

"I understand." He sighs. "I just wish you'd give me a chance."

"That isn't fair." I cross my arms. "I wanted to be with you, Steve. You're the one who wasn't ready and wanted to keep everything a secret!" I raise my voice in anger and heartache. "Don't you dare pin this on me."

Steve looks down, expecting my hands to be glowing, but furrows his eyebrows as he looks back up.

"Is everything okay in here?" Bucky asks, walking in with 2 plates of food.

I smile at him and take one of the plates from his hands. "Steve was just leaving."

Steve and Bucky exchange a glance before Steve sighs and exits the room. Bucky plops down beside me with his own plate and begins eating. I click on Friends and one of the episodes begin to play as we eat.

Once we're done, he takes our plates down to the kitchen to wash them and again there's a knock on the door. Before I could say anything, Tony walks into the room. Here we go again.

"Hey Kitten, how're you feeling?" He asks, sitting beside me.

"Drained, confused, angry." I sigh, he nods in understandment.

"You need time to process things, I get it." He gives me a small smile. "You love him too, don't you?"

I furrow my eyebrows at him. "Love who?"

"Steve." He says, chuckling at my reaction as the name leaves his mouth. "It's okay, I kinda figured."

"Tony.." I grab his hand. "I do love you, more than you'll ever know. You've been there for me since day one." He smiles at me and holds my hand. "I just.. This is too much." I stand up from the bed and pull Tony behind me as I go to Steve's room, both of us barging in to find him staring at his ceiling.

"Hey.. What's going on?" He asks, sitting up once we walk in.

"I'm only saying this once." I say, both of them nod. "Yes, I love both of you. Yes, you're both great guys. But I need time. I think maybe we should just all do our own thing for a while."

"So.. You choose neither of us?" Tony asks.

"I choose nobody. I can't stand the idea of hurting one of you so this is the only way everyone is sorta happy." I explain.

"So.. No more kisses?" Steve asks innocently.

"I mean.. friendly kisses? Hook-ups are fine if it leads to that but nothing serious and nothing too far." I set the boundaries.

Tony gasps. "No more sex?!"

I roll my eyes at him. "Am I clear on our situation?" Both of them nod. "Good. Now go live your lives. Don't cry over spilled milk and don't wait for me or be clingy because I hate that."

With that, I turn and walk out of the room. I open my bedroom door to see Bucky sitting on my bed with a gallon of chocolate ice cream and two spoons.

"I thought this might help." He says, offering me a spoon. He must've heard everything going down in Steve's room.

I smile at him as I stifle a laugh. He opens the ice cream container and we both dig in as we joke around and watch Friends.