Bonding

Kate's POV

"Do you think anyone saw us?" I ask as Steve locks his door behind him.

"I hope not." He chuckles, sitting beside me on the floor as I open the pizza box.

As we eat, we joke around with each other before beginning to tell our deepest darkest secrets. I tell him about the things I discovered thanks to Loki and he tells me about his life before the army.

By the time we're done with the pizza, we know everything about eachother. We move onto the bed as we continue to talk when there's a knock on the door.

"Cap? You in there?" Tony's voice asks through the door.

"Yeah Tony, what do you need?" He asks.

"It's family night. Nat chose to go to some karaoke bar downtown." Tony explains. "We're leaving in a few minutes, get ready. That means you too, Kitten."

I furrow my eyebrows. How did he know I was in here? I glance at Steve and he throws his hands up in defense.

"I didn't say anything." He says.

Damn you, FRIDAY.

Bucky's POV

"I really don't feel like it Nat." I groan, holding my blankets over me.

"Well I don't care. We're all going. Family night is non-negotiable." She argues, tugging at the blankets. "Kate's coming too." She says, crossing her arms.

My head shoots up to look at her and she smirks. "She's back?"

"She's been back. Her and Steve have been in his room for the past several hours." She laughs. "Let's go, we're leaving in a few minutes."

How did I not hear them in his room for the past however many hours? Maybe I was too busy putting myself down for being such an idiot.

I quickly get dressed into black jeans and a black long sleeve shit before rushing to meet everyone downstairs. I see the rest of the team dressed casually but focus on Steve in his light blue jeans and grey long sleeve shirt as he stands next to Kate in her white blue jeans and white cropped tank top. I watch how they laugh and talk together, much like how her and I used to, and how comfortable they are around each other.

"Alright, let's get going." Tony says, pushing everyone into the elevator.

For the entire car ride, Kate and Steve are having their own conversation while the rest of the team plans what they're going to sing for karaoke. We finally arrive and the 9 of us make our way inside to sit at a huge round booth. Kate sits at one end with Steve beside her then me, Nat, Bruce, Thor, Clint, Tony, and Pepper at the other end.

"How about we get started with some shots?" Tony says, ordering a few rounds for everyone. We all clink our little glasses before downing our shots. I see Steve whispering something in Kate's ear and she glances up at me before quickly taking 3 more shots.

"Kate! Come sing with me!" Natasha pulls her out of the booth and up to the stage as they pick a song.

The both of them sing and perform to Beyoncé's 'Single Ladies'. Once they're done they receive applause from the entire crowd and bow playfully before coming back to the booth. I already knew that Kate had a pair of lungs on her but I didn't know she was that good.

Tony sings an AC/DC song, causing all of our ears to bleed as Pepper stands onstage for moral support. Clint and Natasha sing 'Lean On Me' and Thor sings some weird opera song, shocking all of us.

"Are you guys gonna go?" Natasha asks the three of us who haven't gone.

"I don't think that's a great idea for me." Bruce laughs.

"Yeah, probably not." I say.

All eyes turn to Steve and he shakes his head in refusal. "Aw c'mon Stevie, I'll go with you." Kate pokes her bottom lip out. I feel my heart drop to my stomach at how flirty they're being.

"Fine. But only one song." He says, she nods.

By this point, Kate is absolutely drunk. Steve is a supersoldier so he can't get drunk, I only had the one shot so I'm pretty sober, the rest of the team had maybe 3 or 4 shots each so they're also a bit buzzed.

I watch as Steve helps Kate onto the stage, holding her by her waist. They look through the song choices and I see Kate's face light up. She gets Steve to agree to it and the song starts playing.

"I got chills, they're multiplying. And I'm loosing control. Cause the power you're supplying, it's electrifying!" Steve begins, unsure of himself as he sings.

"You better shape up. Cause I need a man, and my heart is set on you." Kate sings, fully invested in the choreography that Steve somehow knows as well. "You better shape up, you better understand. To my heart I must be true."

They continue to sing 'You're The One That I Want' from the movie Grease and I find myself downing 2 more shots as everyone cheers them on and sings along.

"If you're filled with affection. You're too shy to convey. Better take my direction. Feel your way." Kate dances seductively on the stage.

I jump up onto the stage and grab the microphone from Steve. He furrows his eyebrows at me and Kate raises hers.

"I better shape up. Cause you need a man." I continue the guy part of the song.

"I need a man, who can keep me satisfied." She sings, looking directly at me.

"I better shape up, if I'm gonna prove that my faith is justified." I pull her closer to me and we sing the rest of the song, receiving deafening applause once we finish. Steve must've went back to the booth because he's already sitting when we get back.

"What was that all about?" Steve asks, wrapping his arm around Kate.

"I wanted to sing." I shrug.

Steve shoots daggers at me with his eyes as Kate babbles on about how she should be signed by a record label.

"Alright, I think we've all had enough fun for one night." Tony says. "Let's head home."

The 9 of us pile into the limo and Kate is all over Steve, which he doesn't seem to mind at all. Once we arrive at the tower, Steve carries Kate into the elevator and to his room.

"Steve." I say sternly before he shuts his door. "Maybe she should stay with me tonight."

He laughs. "After you almost lost control and made her think that she was going to die? Good luck with that."

My eyes widen. "She told you?"

"Yeah. She also told me that she poured her heart out to you and slept with you for you to just kick her out and push her away." He crosses his arms. "Goodnight Buck." He says before closing the door between us.