chapter 5

Chapter 5

(still KIA's POV----)

"Hey Selene wait for us!" I shouted at her. She stopped and waited for us then I turned my attention to Bryan. "we will text you when she have a plan and you're going to help us and give us informations." I told to him before he was grab by Nathan.

"don't be afraid to cooperate with us! You're our little brother since we save you and I am going to teach you how to fight at wednesday 4 pm at my house. And it is not a request, it is an order" he said and waited for Bryan to nod. When Bryan nodded  he then left and went to his sister.

"come on now! We are going to be late." I said then walked to Selene and the others. Soon enough they also followed me and we all went inside.

We all went to our lockers to get the books that we needed for our subjects and then we parted ways. Me and Devin walked towards our Math. Mathematics is one of my favorite subject, I just like it because when I'm inside that subject I could feel my brain thinking about the solutions! We sat on the back part of the room and waited for the teacher. When the teacher didn't arrive after 5 minutes I started to get bored while Devin started to asked me questions.

"why are you so intent to give them a lesson?" he asked out of nowhere.

"who?" I asked back.

"the juniors that Bryan fought." he answered

"ahh.. Because they have no right to insult me and hurt our little brother." I answered back.

"but isn't it too much? We can just tell the principal what happen and let him give them the punishment."

"they will not learn from that punishment and I want them to know who we are. If they try to hurt our little brother again then they will know who we are."

"this is not your true self right?" Devin asked suddenly making me taken a back from the question.

"w-what do y-you mean!?" I asked. Did I just stuttered!? Shit I never stutter in my whole life why now!?

"I mean you've close your heart because something happens in the past." He stated.

"how'd you know that? Did someone told you?" I asked a little panicked. Because no one knows about it just my friends and now he knows one of my secrets.

"nah.. No one told me. It's written all over your eyes that you don't trust me nor the others. And you and Ashley are the same." he answered which makes me relieved but he is like Selene. He knows how to read the inner souls and me and Ashley are alike? No way, she's too cheerful to be like me.

"what do you mean? She's too cheerful to be sad!" I exclaimed.

"yup, that's true many say that she's not sad but in those cheerful characteristic that she have hides the sadness she kept in the dark." he answered.

"what sadness!? And why is she sad?"

he smiled sadly at me before answering my question "her mom and Ryker's mom died 5 years ago. Meaning she's just eleven when her mom died then last year her brother died and all of them are murder."

"what!? She's been through those things and she can smile!?" Devin just nodded at me "Wow! I was just bullied and I cannot trust anyone besides my friends while she can smile  and enjoy life even though her brother and mother died and not just any normal death! I adore her!" I just exclaimed. Oh God did I just said the true reason why I don't trust anyone else!? I mentally slapped myself for telling him that reason. I can see emotions in his eyes. Sadness, anger, guilt and Love? What the hell!?

"I'm sorry if you need to tell me about the reason of your sadness and for not trusting others." he said while staring at me. His eyes full of regret and love?

"nahh.. It's okay!! It's just that it was a secret and only my friends knew about it!" I said being sad because of the memory that comes back at me.

"Oh.. Is that so!? Umm.. I wanted to tell you something." He said while fidgeting his hands.

"What is it!?" I asked.

"I wanted to court you." he finally said after a minute of fidgeting. I gave him a questioning look.

"Look.. I have like you since this morning and I saw that you don't trust anyone else. And I wanted to earn that trust and I promise I'm not like the other boys! I might keep secrets but that is like you! I know you also have secrets that I don't know as well as I am. I wanted to court you even if it turns out to be a lifetime and I will always treasure the trust that you will give me! So please could I court you?" he said in a very sincere voice and sincerity is written all over his face.

"um.. I don't know Devin." I answered while turning my gaze to the floor.

"just a chance Kia please. I'll do everything to have that only chance and I will not ruin it." He said again lifting my chin to face him. I let out a sigh, how can I say no to this person!? He seems to be an important piece in my life.

"okay! But on one condition!" I finally said

"yes!!" he shouted but then silenced himself when all of the students stared at us.

"and that condition is we will not tell each other our own secrets. We will tell each other everything if I said I trusted you!" I said.

"okay okay. I'll wait for that trust to come and I will earn it everyday!" he answered very happy.

Soon enough the teacher came in in which by the way 20 minutes late. What kind of teacher is he!?

"sorry class for being late. Something happened to the math class in Junior year that makes Miss Cruz to walk out. So we need 2 volunteers from here and 2 volunteers from the Science class." The teacher announced. I raised my hand and the teacher immediately noticed me.

"Yes Kia?" he asked.

"Sir, I, Selene, Devin and Ryker will be the volunteers." I immediately answered. I saw how Devin got shocked at first but then just nodded for approval.

"but Selene and Ryker isn't in my class at this time." Mr. Garce said.

"sir they are in the science class. Please sir let us do the job. We always do it when those things happened." I pleaded. It's our one and only chance to do prank.

"what could I do?" He asked me.

"nothing sir." I answered while grinning like a chesire cat.