Chapter 3

Hikari woke up to the smell of chamomile tea and a concerned Marco.

"Are you feeling all right? You fainted 30 minutes ago." Marco sipped his tea. "Would you like some chamomile tea?" He needed to calm down too. He has a lot of questions and he's relieving his stress from the cumulating despair of not being able to heal his pops despite being a doctor. It's something every doctor is distressed about, not being able to help their patient.

"Thanks!" Hikari blew on the tea. "I'm fine. Thanks again for taking care of me." Hikari is just peachy. She's in another world and she's stuck here for the time being. She doesn't know if it's the spell's effects or the time god's fault. "Meh. Fairy Tail will find me. I just hope the time difference isn't too great."

"It's the least I can do for your help in saving pops. Really, I cannot thank you enough." Marco really was grateful beyond words. He met pops when he was just a teenager, setting out on his journey as a traveling doctor. He visited island after island, treating patients and seeing the world. The island he went to didn't matter to him; as long as there were people who needed help, he would heal them to the best of his ability. That means, he went to islands that were ignored by the marines and are subjected to the tyrannical rule of cruel pirates.

Being a traveling doctor, he can fight to defend himself from pirates; he met some along his travels, especially at suppressed islands. He was at a particular island when Whitebeard and his crew stopped and defeated the pirates that controlled the island and its people. Marco was fighting a group of pirates for arguing back at them and he was at the end of his rope when the Whitebeard and his crew appeared. The pirates didn't stand a chance and Whitebeard declared the island as his territory.

Whitebeard regraded the injured doctor as a brave, righteous person and offered him to be a part of his crew. He wants to protect people like him.

"Do you want to be my son?" Whitebeard grinned.

"...Sure."

He never thought that he would become a pirate, to the famous Whitebeard, no less! He learned how to fight better from his nakama and Whitebeard himself. He felt at home and began thinking of Whitebeard as his pops and his nakama as family. Years went by and he found himself to be the first commander and then some more years later, to the person he is today.

"It's no problem," Hikari took a sip and felt herself relax at the fresh chamomile taste. "The tea is good.

"Thanks."

A silence ensues as they both drank their tea, absorbed in their own thoughts. It was a nice change of pace for the both of them. They deserved the time to relax and drink a calming tea.

It lasted until both of them finished their cup of tea. Shanks and Benn knocked on the door and let themselves in.

"Hi, Hikari! How are you doing?" Shanks cheerfully asked.

"...Fine."

"That's good to hear!" Shanks laughed.

"He looks so chipper in the afternoon."

"Are you hungry? We have some food in the kitchen."

"No, thank you. I already ate."

"What do you mean?" Shanks, Benn, and Marco thought back to past events. They remembered Hikari waking up, healing Whitebeard, and then healing all the Whitebeard pirates. They remembered her saying, "thanks for the meal!"

"I eat time. When I 'cured' Whitebeard and all the pirates, I'm basically eating time."

Everyone was shocked that they became speechless. There's something you don't hear everyday: "I eat time!" Everyone scooted backwards and stared at her with narrow eyes.