Chapter 28

"You heard what I said. You're going to be my model!" Kaito exclaimed.

"But-"

"-You're not thinking of refusing are you? After all, you did mess up my only chance of taking the perfect photo for our island's anniversary." Kaito said with a frown, his hands already clutching the dagger he dropped on the ground.

"...I-" Hikari stared at Kaito's pouting form. She can think of someone else (Saffron) making that kind of face and persuading (chasing) her to model. She has the feeling that the photographer is similar to her guildmate, save for the fact that he's more extreme. Hikari stared at the dagger glinting innocently in the early sunlight and to Kaito's pouting face.

"Hikari, nya." Lavender paled. "I think this could be our only choice. "He's..." Hikari can feel the kitten cocking her head and an involuntary shudder. "Going to be very persistent."

Hikari paled too. "You don't mean he's going to chase me until I accept, right?"

"Exactly that."

Hikari breathed in deeply and let out a long sigh, resigned over her near future. Kaito perked up at her sigh, sensing her acceptance.

"I'll be your model."

"Yes!"

"But!" Hikari held up a hand. Kaito pouted, waiting for her conditions. "I'll only be your model until I work enough to make up for your ruined photo. Afterwards, you can't keep me from leaving the island."

Kaito sighed, ruffling his hair. He held out a hand which Hikari shook. "You have a deal."

****A few months later****

"Good bye, Hikari!"

"We'll miss you!"

"Be safe out there!"

"Come visit soon!"

Hikari waved and disappeared.

The crowd dispersed and resumed doing their jobs. Kaito smiling as he looked at the picture he took when Hikari left. The picture in his camera depicted Hikari waving with warm eyes and a small, warm smile, white and black waves of magic enveloping her. The kitten on her shoulder staring at them steadily. If the feline were human, Kaito was sure the kitten would be smiling too.

Kaito smiled at the photo he took. "That's a keeper! I'll save this photo as one of those limited edition albums!" He walked into his studio overlooking the island and ocean and decided to develop the photo and put it into the limited edition album he's going to be publishing. On his desk was a folded piece of paper with a paper weight on top. Curious, he removed the paper weight and unfolded the piece of paper, revealing a den den mushi number. "Hmph. She could've just given it to me personally! I would've loved to give her a hug!"

Shanks was doing okay. He sailed and recruited some members already. He got his trusty first mate, Benn Beckman, his sniper, Yasopp, Lucky Roo, his doctor, his navigator, and his shipwright. Although he asked Buggy to join his crew, he knew that his fellow cabin boy would want to get his own crew and be a captain. Nevertheless, he asked anyway for old times' sake. He also partook in a few duels with Mihawk between his adventures. Every time after the duel ends, he would begin a party with lots of sake and food. He would catch up with what's going on with Mihawk's life and just talk about random things. Mihawk would drink his sake quietly and listen to his drunk talks. Once, Shanks got Mihawk to drink more than Mihawk said he would. Shanks got to say, even when Mihawk got drunk, he's still a functioning swordsman. It's no wonder Mihawk got acknowledged for his impeccable swordplay and became famous.