Chapter 19

It was a normal day for Garp. Taking out the fact that he was patrolling the waters under orders to look out for pirates, he'd say that today is a typical day for him. He woke up, ate a hearty breakfast, beat up some pirates that were foolish enough to go to the island under his jurisdiction, and did some training until he got a call in the afternoon about possible pirate activity just outside his territory. The captain that was in charge of the aforementioned territory caught a cold and that cold turned out to be a flu. It spread and all the marines are down with the flu. And that means, Garp (the nearest marine captain) had to go and patrol the seas for the possible pirates. 

Imagine his glee when after 30 minutes of sailing through the fog, he finds not one, two pirate ships he's very familiar with. The marine perched on the lookout informed him of the two pirate crews fighting against each other and a white haired girl which bears an uncanny resemblance of the girl that's kidnapped. And he's pretty sure that the girl is indeed the kidnapped victim.

Despite the "kidnapping", Garp is sure that she's doing fine. Roger isn't the type of pirate to harm children or do the stereotypical pirate activities outside of looking for treasure. His confidence in his friend's credibility meant that he would pursue his friends in the regular manner he showed to all pirates on the sea: throwing cannonballs at them. 

**********************

Garp's determination in getting both pirate captains and their crews is getting out of hand. Both of them can't escape because of the freaking cannon balls that block their way from escaping. The situation now was grim but both pirate crews are ready to give it their all. 

It was unprecedented that both infamous crews would form an alliance against Garp. Hikari is surely creating ripples in this world.

When Garp's ship was within jumping distance, Garp jumped the distance (more like jumped on air) and started going against both Roger and Whitebeard despite his fellow marines pleading for him to wait until they arrive. Their pleas went unanswered to their exasperation. The pirates closest to them were barreled out of the way and knocked unconscious. 

"What a coincidence to meet you two here!" Garp avoided an incoming sword thrust from Roger and dodged an attack from Whitebeard. 

"It has been a while." Whitebeard swung his weapon, causing Garp to take a few steps back from him. 

"Yes, we should meet sometime for a drink." Garp agreed and punched Roger who skidded a few feet away before jumping back to Garp with a shout.

"Agreed." Roger used his conqueror's haki and Whitebeard followed while swinging their weapons. Their weapons clashed against each other before it was suddenly blocking a kick from Garp in the opposite direction. 

This time, Hikari is sort of maybe low key panicking because a marine that caught sight of her and is trying to get to her at the crow's nest. He mentioned how it's going to be okay and that he's here to rescue her from the scary pirates even though Hikari assured him multiple times that she's fine and that they haven't harmed her and that she doesn't need to be rescued. The marine either doesn't believe her or he chose to think that Hikari is threatened to say that because he accelerated his speed in climbing. Right when he almost reached her, she jumped down.

"Kid!" His outstretched hand missed her by a hair's breadth. His panicked voice gathered the attention of the nearby pirates and marines as they looked up to see a girl falling from the crow's nest. The pirates and marines who heard watched in horror as she plummeted down. Hikari used her foot to push off of the mast as she plummeted down into the direction of Shanks and Marco who were fighting the marines with their backs against each other. They were breathing heavily from exhaustion of the seemingly never ending marines surrounding them.