Chapter 35

"Are you sure you want to leave? You could stay with my crew." Shanks offered for the last time.

"I'm sure. I would rather not have a bounty on my head and infuriate my nakama. They'll raise hell." Hikari said. Her nakama has raised hell many times. The proof is in the defeated enemies, wounded prides, property damage, and mountainous piles of paperwork for her to handle. This world is not ready for the helion that is Fairy Tail. The world already has to worry about the will of D.

"Well, thought I would ask anyway." Shanks smiled. He's disappointed but he knew that she wouldn't stay. Hikari's not the type to really stay anywhere unless it's home. Although she has been visiting him throughout the years and stayed with the crew for some time, it's not home to her. Home would always be her guild.

Shanks walked toward Hikari and hugged her. "May we meet again soon."

"Definitely." Hikari nodded and returned the hug. They separated, Shanks' hands lingering on Hikari's arms before he reluctantly let go. Hikari left the ship, Marco eyeing Shanks. The two seemed to share a conversation without words with their eyes.

"Take care of her, Marco."

"I don't need you to tell me that."

Hikari waved at the departing ships with the Whitebeard Pirates until it was out of sight. "Let's go get another ship." Whitebeard's voice pierced the silence. The pain of losing the Moby Dick, their home was still fresh in their hearts. But they do need a new ship to go back on the seas and protect their territories from other pirates. They all went to buy a ship. Along the way, the people of Sabaody Archipelago either gaped or froze in their tracks at the Whitebeard Pirates. Some of them got over their shock and smiled at them, knowing that they're the more friendly pirates compared to the other pirates. They don't allow slavery and that's a plus in their book.

The Whitebeard Pirates did encounter a few world nobles and celestial dragons who thought they could do whatever they want. Never mind that the Whitebeard Pirates are notorious for being powerful and missions of freeing slaves, they are the world nobles and they have bodyguards. Besides, if they assault them, a marine admiral would surely come, just like what happened when a pirate punched a celestial dragon. It was an unpleasant situation but that's exactly why Hikari came with them. The Whitebeard Pirates, like it or not, are vulnerable right now. They have nowhere to go without a ship and having a marine admiral go after them will spell disaster for them. That's why Hikari froze the world nobles and celestial dragons in time. She's not technically harming them and they wouldn't be able to contact a marine admiral.

The Whitebeard Pirates all gaped at the frozen figures before turning to Hikari. "Let's go before I unfreeze them."

"Gurarara! That's an interesting power."

**********

They got a ship with the money Shanks lent them. It wasn't the Moby Dick but it'll do for their new home. They stayed a couple of days to have their ship cloaked, all the while Hikari would keep watch and freeze whenever the Whitebeard Pirates encountered a world noble or celestial dragon and couldn't lose them. It was really more of a test for Hikari. She noticed that when she time traveled to Shanks' ship, she felt her magic capacity had decreased more than she originally thought. It was a slight decrease and Hikari noticed. She needed a longer time to fill her magic capacity than normal and it took more magic to use any spell than what she would use in her world.

When the ship was coated, she again refused to travel with the Whitebeard Pirates. She had a magic problem to solve.

Two years later and Hikari had some theories. The more she spent time with her friends (and she discreetly used her magic), the more drained she felt and the more time it took to absorb the ethernano in the air. It had to be something that her friends consumed that had that effect on her. And it must be something from her world. She asked her friends to use haki and asked them questions if they felt their haki decreased more than normal and taking longer to accumulate. They all said no and that's when they started to grow concerned for her. They decided that it would be better to keep their distance from Hikari for her own good but they made it a point to bombard her den den mushi with calls every few days. Eventually, they called her every day instead of every few days. Hikari didn't mind but they are exhausting her poor den den mushi that she kept the calls to once a week, each friend would call a different day and time from each other.