CHAPTER 1: Chocolate pancakes

Hmmmm...This cloud is so soft. I am never going to leave this cloud...

Beep! Beeep! Beep!

My hands involuntarily search for the alarm and switch it off. I smiled and snuggled closer to my pillow.

Beep! Beeeep! Beep!

I groaned loudly when I realized that I had actually snoozed the alarm instead of switching it off.

Ugh. Curse you damn alarm!

I slowly open my eyes to see the sun light is peeking through the curtains.

"Beth! Wake up! You have to reach to office early today." My beautiful roommate and best friend Arianna barges to my room and pulls out my covers.

"But I don't wanna leave my cloud." I show her my puppy dog eyes hoping that it would work but never does.

She sighs. It worked? "Just go freshen up, change. I'm making chocolate pancakes."

Oh. Now I'm definitely up.

What? Chocolate is life.

I do my daily routine, change into a red shirt and black pencil skirt, apply light pink lipstick and tie my brown hair to a pony.

Voila! I'm ready.

My name is Elizabeth Green. I'm from California but moved to New York to start a fresh, new life. I am an assistant to the CEO of Samuels.co, the largest software company in Northern America. I moved here almost a year ago with my friend Arianna. I'm also a part time waitress at a cafe, Brews .

"Beth, breakfast is ready! You better come out or say goodbye to the pancakes." I hear my roommate yell from the kitchen.

"I'm coming!" I get out of my room and the delicious smell of chocolate invades my nose.

"Ari, you really are a great cook" I compliment her while munching on the pancakes in a very unlady like manner.

"Thanks Beth, now hurry up or you'll be late." My roommate Arianna is very punctual girl and probably my life saviour. At the age of only 23, she is currently working at an advertisement company and recently got promoted to editor-in-chief of the company. She has been in my life for as long as I could remember and she sure is a charmer. Her brunnet hair and brown doe eyes can attract any man she wishes.

"Will you just chill? Don't worry Ari, it's only seven in morning and the meeting doesn't even start before eight. Plus the distance from home to office is only fifteen minutes." I state this as a fact.

She just rolls her eyes on me. Typical Arianna.

After finishing up my breakfast I grab my files, keys and phone. I check my phone. No new messages or posts.

Saying goodbye to my friend, I head to my office and get ready for a boring day.

Ping!

'gud morning and gud luck on ur meeting :-)'

A small smile slowly appears on my face.

Maybe this day might not be so boring at all.