CHAPTER 28: Surprising my parents

Shit! I'm meeting my parents today.

Eric is driving the Mercedes. I am sitting right beside him in the passenger seat. My feet and hands just can't stop shaking.

"Take a right." My voice is barely a whisper. He nods and turns right to a very familiar neighborhood.

It's exactly the same as it was before I left. There are houses on both the corners of the street. I could see Mrs Stenzky, our old mean lady peaking out of her window, looking at us. Her husband died long back.

"Stop right here." My voice is shaky and hoarse. Eric parks the car in front of the house. He takes out his seatbelt but I stop him by holding his hand. He notices my shaking hands.

"Liza...take deep breaths. Inhale." He motions to inhale. I take a deep breath.

"Exhale." I release my breath. His voice is having a calming effect on me.

"Repeat it again with me. Inhale and exhale." I take deep breaths many times, but I feel like it's not working so I do what I wanted to do for some time.

I take my seatbelt out and give him a very tight hug. I inhale the familiar peaches scent. He doesn't know why I am so nervous, but still he's very supportive of me and I'm grateful for that.

He rubs my back and I take his seatbelt out. He leans forward and whispers soothing words to me.

After a minute or two, I release the hug feeling much better. He cups my face, looking straight into my eyes.

"Are you ready?" His deep voice asks me. I nod in response. I pull the handle of the car door when he motions me to stop. I look at him as he gets out of the car and opens my door.

What a gentleman...

He puts out his hand and motions me to take it. I take his hand and I felt the familiar shocks in my spine. Suddenly flashbacks of last night invades my brain and a small blush comes up. I think he realized the reason of my blush and a huge smirk takes place on his face.

We walk together to the door step, his hand never left mine. It felt so right.

I look up at the old brown door. Dad never changed it. I look around the area. Looks like Mom added more plants, especially lilies. My favorite.

I touch the doorbell and look at Eric. He nods his head in approval. I close my eyes, take a deep breath and press the doorbell.

Soon I hear footsteps and a lady with the same brown hair opens the door.

"Hey Mom." I whisper.

My mom is like an older version of me. I inherited her brown hair, nose and lips except my grey eyes which was from my father. She is wearing a blue apron, it looks like she was baking something. I just hope it's the cookies.

She is standing right in front of me, shocked and it seems like she's about to cry.

"My baby..." We both break down and give each other a hug.

"Linda... Who is it? What's taki—" My father stops in the middle of the staircase and looks at me. I look at him from my mother's shoulder and break the hug.

"Hi daddy." I stand in front of him. He slowly gets down from the steps and touches my face. I take his hand and give it a small kiss.

"Lizzy..." I give him a hug and cry on his shoulders. He wraps his arms around me and rubs my back.

"Shhhh. It's okay. Daddy's here. Your mommy's here. You are here. Don't cry please. You'll make me cry." He pats my back.

Soon Mom joins us and I embrace both of their warmth.