CHAPTER 41: It feels familiar

It's weekend. Yaay!

I am getting ready for our outing to the library. I had tied up my hair and was applying a bit of lip balm when I heard the doorbell.

"I'll get it!" Ari screams then hear some muffled voices.

I grab my bag and get out of my room. I see a man with jet black hair sitting on the couch, facing his phone.

"Good morning Mr King. All set to dive into a world of books?" I tease him.

"I am the mayor of the world of books. Ready to go?" He retorts.

"Always. Wait." I turn around and scream.

"Ari I'm leaving! Don't worry, I'll bring your fifty shades series!" I scream at top of my lungs. I look at Eric and see that he's trying to control his laughter.

"I don't want those books! Get out of here!" She shouts from her room.

Eric grabs my wrist but I signal him to wait.

Ping!

I take out my phone from my pocket, open the message and show it to Eric.

' don't forget to bring those books.'

We both burst out laughing and head out of the door.

We reach the library and I start browsing the books I need for baking.

Yup! It's high time that I should learn how to bake.

Eric heads to the section of business and software.

Work. Work. Work. Is that the only thing this guy knows?

I grab few books and head out but I can't find Eric. I look at the section he went to but it's empty. I turn around and my head smacks with someone's jaw.

"Ow!" I rub my forehead and see that Eric is rubbing his chin.

I hit him with a book. "Idiot. You could have tapped my shoulder." I whisper yell at him.

"Sorry. Come on, I'll show you my private collection." He grabs my wrist and pulls me towards a door. He takes out a key and unlocks the door.

I step inside and my jaw drops. "Oh my...." I'm speechless. This guy doesn't have his private collection but a whole goddamn private library inside a public library!

"You have a freaking library! Not a collection!" He just shrugs.

I walk around the room and see books of all genres arranged neatly in shelves. Business, science fiction, non fiction, classics, you name anything, this guy has everything.

I walk towards the romance section and see that there aren't much books but one book catches my eye. I take it out, blushing deep red.

I face him, holding the book. He gives me questioning look and then his eyes trail down to the book I am holding. He averts my gaze.

"A man must know some moves." He defends himself. His cheeks are having a tint of red. I chuckle at his excuse.

"I'm gonna keep this book with me for some time. Ari needs it." I continue to walk around.

"Oh my God!" My eyes widen at the collection in front of me.

"What happened?" Eric rushes towards me but then stops when he sees the collection in front of me.

"Wh–Why do you have the whole collection of power rangers?" I look at every comic book and find that they are all Dino thunder.

"I like power rangers." This is like a whole new level of Eric.