CHAPTER 32: Her?

"May I have this dance my pretty lady?" Jason taps my shoulder and puts forth his hand. I roll my eyes at his fake chivalry.

"Of course my kind sir." I do a fake curtsey and take his hand. Eric is having a dance with Melanie and it looks like he's in pain since Melanie is standing on his shoes and dancing.

Mark is dancing with Candice and Richard is talking to some woman with same blonde hair. They seem close.

We walk to the dance floor and Jason grabs my waist tightly. I narrow my eyes at his action.

"Jason, what are you doing?" I grit my teeth.

"Relax pretty lady. Just want to check on something."

It seems like Jason is searching for someone and he found that person as I could see a huge smirk plastered on his face.

"Five..." He whispers in my ear.

What the hell is he talking about?

"Four..." Does he need the number of the nearest mental institution?

"Three..." Is something bad going to happen?

"Two..." He dips me and leans closer to my cheek.

"One..." He gives me a small peck and suddenly he is pushed away from me. I turn around and see that Eric is fuming in anger.

"Don't touch her." He grits his teeth in anger and runs his hand on his hair. Jason smiles sheepishly and looks at me.

"Thank you for your cooperation, pretty lady." He gives me a wink and leaves.

What was that?

Eric holds my waist and starts twirling me.

"What are you doing?"

"What do you think? Dancing with my date." He replies in a duh tone.

We continue to dance in silence and I try my best to ignore the butterflies in my stomach.

"There has been a certain change of plans." He speaks after few minutes of awkward silence.

"What?" I ask him.

"I have a meeting arranged with one of my long time friend and I am very excited to meet that person." He speaks without looking at me.

Oh. It's actually fine. He must be some childhood friend or college friend. But why can't I shake off the feeling that he's hiding something from me?

"It's fine. We can leave tomorrow morning." I give him a small smile.

"Thank you." He gives me a small peck on my cheek. "I can't believe that I'm finally having the time to meet her."

My smile drops. Her?

The Guy She Never MetOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara