CHAPTER 36: The Assault

"Hey."

What...how...I'm dumbstruck. My mouth is opening and closing like a goldfish. That's not possible. Not in my wildest dreams I thought that he is Rick.

"Elizabeth?"

Did he lie to me? I never thought that he is a liar.

"Elizabeth?"

How come his pet name is Rick? That's nowhere near his actual name.

"Pretty lady? Hey pretty lady?" I hear snapping of fingers and I drop back to reality.

"Oh. Sorry. What? How? It can't be you." I whine.

"What do you mean? Am I not allowed to enter this park? That's very mean of you." He pouts.

"Oh shut up Jason. What are you doing here?" I ask him eyeing the bouquet and chocolates.

"I'm here to meet my date." He replies with a bright smile.

Oh. I do remember Mark saying something about Jason dating this girl. From what I heard, they are perfect for each other.

"Really? That's nice." I give him a small smile.

"What about you? I mean look at you, all dressed up in jolly and holding chocolates...wait we have the same chocolate. What a coincidence." He points out the chocolate which I'm holding. I'm only a minute away to hit him with those chocolates.

Yeah...what a coincidence. Note the sarcasm.

"Yeah. It is. So where's your date?"

He looks at his watch. "She shoul—"

"Jason? Beth?" A very very familiar feminine voice calls us. I turn around and see Kathy is walking towards us.

Kathy? Jason? Oh my God! When did this happen?

"Oh my God! You and Kathy? When? How?" I point to both of them and they chuckle.

Jason scratches the back of his neck and opens his mouth to speak but Kathy speaks up first. "On our night out. Remember that night we met Mark? Later Jason started flirting with me and one thing led to the other. So here we are."

Oh yeah...I totally remember that night. It changed everything.

"Oh! You brought me lilies? I'm so sorry Jason I totally forgot to tell you that I'm allergic to lilies." She gives Jason an apologetic smile. He frowns.

"Oh, okay." He turns to me and gives me a thousand watt smile. "My pretty lady these are for you." He hands me the bouquet and I take it.

Then they both say goodbye to me and walk away.

As soon as they are out of my sight, I sigh. I look at the time and see that it's only been ten minutes since I reached here.

I guess I have to wait...

                           ******

It's been almost two hours. I am still standing on the bridge. I have texted Rick so many times that I have lost count of and no reply from the other side.

I have lost hope. I am hungry, upset at someone but too tired.

I text him one last time before I walk back home.

' where r u?? It's been two hours'

No reply. I sigh for the umpteenth time, turn around and walk back.

I pick up the chocolates and the lilies and throw them in the nearby dustbin.

What a waste...

I had no will power to eat anymore chocolate or put those lilies in the vase.

I walk down to the street. It's already nighttime and I don't see many people walking around in the street and shops have already closed down.

Suddenly I got the feeling that someone is following me. So I quicken my steps and slowly take out the pepper spray from my bag.

The man behind me also starts to walk fast, so I start to run but the man grabs my hand and pulls me to the alley.

I scream but he blocks my mouth with his filthy hands. I struggle to get out of his grip but I am unable to do so.

There's hardly any lighting in this alley but I did recognize the man. It's the creepy man from the cafe.

He finally takes his hand out of his mouth and I scream.

"There's no use of screaming pretty waitress. Nobody is going to hear you." His breath reeks of cheap alcohol which makes my stomach churn.

"Let me go! You bastard!" I continue to struggle but his grip is too tight.

"Oh no. You have some servings to do, my waitress." With that his one hand trails under my dress and his dirty mouth starts giving me wet kisses which made me disgusting.

Little did he knew that I had taken out the cap of the spray. With all my force, I get out of his harsh grip and spray it on his eyes.

Oh no!

The can is empty?! No! No! No! Why didn't I check it before?

The man laughs evilly, snatches the can from my hand and throws it in the corner.

Now what do I do? I try to run but he grips me tightly.

I kick him where Ari taught me to kick and he kneels down, groaning in pain.

I again try to run for my life but this time the man grabs my dress and pulls me towards him which causes my dress to rip and a side of my legs is exposed. I trip to the ground and the man gets up, fuming in anger.

He grabs my hair, pulls me up harshly and smacks me on the wall. I wince in pain and I feel something wet behind my head.

A tear finally drops from my face and soon I start crying.

"Looks like this bitch likes it harsh." The man runs his dirty hands on my body. His foul breath is on my neck and a cold shiver runs down my spine.

"No! Stop! Please! Leave me alone!" I try to kick his legs but it's useless.

He rips the sleeves of my dress and gives wet kisses. Then his hand reaches the strap of my underwear. I close my legs at his disgusting touch and he tries to open them. I continue screaming at top of my lungs and I don't think I could continue for long because soon I start feeling dizzy and my eyes start to drop.

My eyes snap open as the man is pulled away from me in a flash and I drop on the ground.

I see a very angry Eric punching the lights out of the man.

"You asshole! How dare you fucking touch her? How dare you?" He continues to punch him. His jaw is clenched in anger and his hair is disheveled.

I touch the back of my head and see red liquid on my hands.

"Eric." I try to call him.

"You fucking piece of shit! I will kill you!" He continues to give the man hard punches.

"Eric." I call him again but he doesn't listen. I see black spots on my eyes.

"Eric." I mumble his name and my eyes drop.

The last thing I remember is being scooped up in someone's arms and whispering of ' I'm sorry.'

Author's note:

Next chapter is something which we have been waiting for a long long long time.🤤🤤