CHAPTER 19: The bet

"Good evening, Mr King. Welcome to Brews. What can I get you?" I handover the menu card to him but he didn't take it.

He gives me a smile and set aside his phone. "Good evening Elizabeth, what's the special here today?"

"We have chocolate cupcakes, strawberry cheesecake and many other things a cafe usually has." I say it to him as a fact.

"Well, what do you make here?" What do I make here? He seriously doesn't want to have my caramel creme doesn't he? It's way too sweet. No wonder why Evan doesn't allow me to his kitchen.

"I-It's caramel creme. I would really advise you not to take that-"

"One caramel creme, please." He cuts me off.

"Are you sure? I can get you some-" I try to persuade him.

"One caramel creme and that would be all." He's really a stubborn man.

"Okay. Mr King."

"Elizabeth, I told you to call me Eric when we're alone." He pouts at me.

"Will sure do, Mr King. I'll be back with your order." He scowls. I chuckle at his behavior and went back to the kitchen.

I open up our refrigerator and take out my caramel creme. I look from the corner of my eye that Evan is watching my actions. But when he saw the creme in my hands, his mouth was agape.

"Who ordered for those?!" He cringes only by looking at the creme.

"My boss." I reply nonchalantly.

"What?! That guy has a death wish or more of like a sweet death wish." He replies smugly.

"I tried to get him order something else but he's reluctant on trying the caramel creme."

"Give him my best wishes."

"Will do."

I take a slice out and heat it on the oven. Add a bit more of caramel sauce because it's a caramel creme. I give him his order and he gladly takes it.

I get behind the counter, right beside Kathy and soon Evan also joins us. I follow Mr King's every action but he still hasn't tasted the creme yet.

Kathy follows my gaze, so does Evan.

"That's one hot man. All the ladies are probably undressing him with their eyes." Kathy says dreamily.

I look around everyone and see that he's having all the attention of the ladies, teenage girls and some envious glares from men.

"I don't understand what these women and you are seeing in him. I find him normal. He's just a normal guy." Evan says shrugging his shoulders.

I again look around everybody and see that the women are giving him seductive looks but he's very much oblivious to it.

I feel something bubbling at the pit of my stomach but I ignore it.

"Oh! Oh! He's going to take a bite. Let's have a bet. Ten dollars if he starts choking on the creme." Evan exclaims.

"Twenty if he spits it out." Kathy raises the bars.

Both of them look at me but I never take my eyes off him.

"What about you Beth? How much is at stake?" Evan asks me.

I see that he puts down his phone, folds his sleeves and looks around as if he's searching for someone. "A hundred, if he eats it all." I say in a whisper. They both look at me as if I've grown two heads.

"Fine. Get ready to owe us hundred dollars...each." Kathy smiles smugly and shakes hand with Evan.

His eyes met mine and he gives me a small smile. His light blue eyes stare deep down to my grey ones. He takes spoonful of the caramel creme and I start to get anxious about his reaction.

His eyes never left mine and he takes a bite of it. He chews it very slowly and sensuously, like he's savouring every bit of the flavour. My heart skips a beat every time he's chewing.

What is wrong with my heart?

I feel like he's carving my features in his brain so I also take my time memorising his features on my mind. Broad shoulders, light blue eyes which are showing unknown emotions to me. His soft baby pink lips and his perfect jawline which are moving in sync as he finishes chewing. His Adam's apple bobs up and down as he swallows the creme.

He takes another spoonful of the creme and starts chewing.

Has it suddenly gotten a little hot here?

He continues eating the caramel creme without taking his eyes off me. I feel like everybody else has vanished into thin air and it's just me and him holding each other as support. I'm unable to move, unable to speak. It's like there's an invisible force trying to pull me towards him and stop him from eating that but I can't. I'm in too much shock.

He soon finishes the caramel creme and haves a sip of water still not taking his eyes off me.

"Damn. That was..." I snap out of my haze and avert my eyes from him.

I look at Kathy who has now loss of words and in utter shock. Evan also has the similar expression.

I look back at Mr King who is still looking at me. I felt my cheeks heat up on my face as I realized my actions.

Mr King takes out his wallet, pays the bill and leaves the tip. He gets up from his chair and exits the cafe. He turns around and gives me a wink. I blush again.

I look back at Kathy and Evan and see that they are still in shock.

Looks like I won the bet.