CHAPTER 18: The aftermath

"Hey, Ari? Which one should I buy?" I hold out a red tank top on my left hand and a blue floral shirt on the other.

She turns around and gives me a quizzical look. She walks towards me, takes the blue floral shirt from my right hand and places it on my left hand, above the red tank top.

"There. You should buy the one which is on your left hand." I roll my eyes.

It's weekend and we're 'shopping till we get broke', Ari's words not mine. I got my monthly salary only few hours ago and she's planning to make me spend it all.

After having that little conversation with Mr King, I went back to work and acted like nothing ever happened. Mr King, on the other hand, became...what can I say? A brand new Mr King.

He smiles a lot around me and I can never get bored seeing his dimples. He invites me for lunch, tries to bribe me with chocolates, which are hard to refuse, he even calls me to check whether I reached home safely or not.

And it's kind of annoying. But you like it....

A small smile crept up on my face thinking about his actions. Ari raises her eyebrows.

"Thinking about your sweet boss?"

"Yes." I say absentmindedly. I realize what I just said and blush.

"I knew it. He's such a charmer. You know the first time I met him, I already liked him. I still don't know why you said he was way too rude and bossy."

"Because he was. He just changed his attitude towards me. He even apologized for his behavior for the past couple of months."

"You know, it's kind of surprising though. One moment he avoids you, the other he apologizes and then smiles. I think he's suffering from—"

"Craziness. Yeah I think so too." I nod my head.

She rolls her eyes. "I was gonna say that he's suffering from the after effects of Cupid's arrow. Maybe he likes you?"

I scoffed at her lame question. That would be absolutely ridiculous.

Ping!

My heart missed a beat when I heard that sound. It can be anybody but I think it can be that particular person.

When he texted me that he wanted to meet me, I started laughing like a maniac at five in the morning. The people around me gave me weird looks, including that old couple. I thought he was joking but then he asked for my opinion.

Come on... We don't know each other's name, address and city. We only know that we are in the same time zone!

You know what I did after that? I ran home, woke Ari early in the morning and told her everything. I also earned the pain of falling on the floor when she pushed me off her bed.

Ping!

"Aren't you gonna answer that?" Ari says. "We both know it's your lover boy."

"Ari, he wants to meet me. I'm not sure if I want to meet him. We talk about random stuff without getting into personal information and I can't meet a man whom I don't know."

"Think of it as a blind date." She says nonchalantly.

"Even in blind date, we at least know the name of the person." I muttered.

She sighs. "Fine. Then you better start asking him about his name, contact and other stuff."

Yeah...I can do that. He was the one who initiated this idea so he should be the one to expose his information first.

"Okay. I'll do that." I look at my watch and see that only an hour is left for my shift to start. "We better hurry up now. I have my shift starting in an hour."

****

Should I ask him? Should I not ask him? To ask or not to ask?

Definitely to ask.

'where do u live?'. I text him and wait for a couple of seconds.

Hmm...no reply. Nevermind.

I change into my usual uniform and was about to put my dress in the locker when I heard a chime.

'On earth Y?' Wow. I didn't knew that.

'*eye rolls* I meant it, where do u live?'

' I also mean it, On earth.'

I better talk to him later. He is acting like a fool and giving me very bad sarcastic replies.

I get out of the locker room and make my way to the tables when I saw a light blue eyed man sitting on the chair, smirking at his phone.