CHAPTER 44: Cupid's arrow

"I can't believe I'm doing this." I grumble in annoyance as I try to scratch myself in this thick costume.

"Well you are the best pretty lady I've ever met. I'll always be grateful to you for your sacrifice." Jason pinches my cheeks.

It's Friday and Jason has invaded the cafe, driving away all the customers. There's only me, Jason, Eric, Mark, Evan and Arianna. Richard could not join us because his sister was in the town and he had a pregnant Candice.

"I don't understand why did you not hire some artists to do this job?" Ari glares at him.

Eric is scowling at Mark, who is making fun of his costume. Evan is looking out of the door. He's gonna signal us when Kathy is within his eyesight.

The thing is Jason wants to confess his love to Kathy and he has asked us for help. He dragged all of us out of our jobs and made us wear these stupid costumes.

Ari and I are dressed up as heart. Our whole body is covered up, only our faces are popping out from the middle and a small portion of our feet is visible. My costume has written 'I love' and Ari's costume completes the sentence by 'You'.

I think I'm gonna fall anytime soon...

Eric is dressed up as Cupid. His toned muscles are clearly visible and I'm trying my best not to ogle at his body.

Actually Mark was supposed to be dressed as Cupid but then he said that Cupid has black hair. Jason, being a fool, believed him and forced Eric to dress up as Cupid.

Not that I mind...

Mark, on the other hand, pushed the tables aside and decorated the whole cafe with rose petals and balloons. The cafe looks really beautiful and has a romantic setting. He really did a great job.

Jason claps his hand to grab our attention. "Okay kids! Everybody knows their respective roles, right?" The only response he gets is our groans and glares.

This is the fifth time he's saying this!!

"Believe me, it would be a great pleasure to hit with my arrow, Jason." Eric aims at Jason with his bow and arrow, which has heart stickers all over it and shoots.

Jason ducks, saving himself and curses under his breath.

"Save your arrows Cupid!" Mark hits Eric's arm. Eric glares at him.

Ari rolls her eyes at the men's behavior. I notice that her eyes are always lingering at Mark. I slowly scoot over to her and our giant costumes touch each other.

"What's the matter Ari? Got hit by Cupid's arrow?" I tease her and she turns away as an attempt to hide her blush.

"Oh shut up! Do you want me to call your Cupid and ask him to hit you?" She retorts back at me.

"N-No." I mentally slap myself for stammering.

"I knew it. You do want me to call him. Eri-" Evan cuts us off.

"Guys she's here."

Mark switches off the lights and we all go to our positions. We hear the door open.

"Hello? Evan? Anybody?" She calls out in the darkness.

Suddenly the lights switch on and Kathy sees Jason standing in front of her. Her expression turns to shock when she sees Eric standing few feet behind him, half naked, holding a bow. He takes out an arrow, aims at Jason and shoots, hitting straight behind his back.

"I got struck by a Cupid's arrow when I first saw you." Jason says. "At first I thought that having you in my bed would help me get rid of these new feelings but instead they got intensified." Kathy only looks back at him, confusion written all over her face.