CHAPTER 49: Yes.

"Hey Rick." I greet the man beside me and nothing.

Is he deaf? I know he's not.

I think it's finally time to ask him the questions I wanted to ask.

"How long?" I clear my throat.

"How long did you knew?" I ask him looking straight at the sunset.

"Since California. What about you?" His deep voice gives me goosebumps. Always gives me goosebumps.

I shrug myself. "I've had my suspicions." Since the meteor shower.

He nods. "Did the others knew?"

He nods again. "They knew." I scoff. Of course they did.

I finally face him and pull off his hood. "Why didn't you tell me?" My voice is barely a whisper and I'm trying hard not to break down in front of him.

He touches my cheek and caresses it. "I couldn't. I thought you would run away from me."

I shake my head. "I wouldn't."

"Yes. You would." It's pointless to argue about this.

"I'm sorry." I smack his arm.

"What are you sorry about? I'm so—" He doesn't let me complete my sentence and engulfs me in a hug.

I finally let go of my emotions and sob. "Oh my God.... I... I wanted him to be you. I wanted him to be you so much." I clutch his shirt tightly, afraid that he'll go away if I don't hold him.

"Shhhh... It's okay. It's okay." He pats my back and places small kisses on my head.

We stay like this for few minutes. No words spoken. Only our irregular breathings and the city could be heard.

Rick was the first one to break the hug, making me whine mentally.

"So now what, pretty lady?" The name made me feel something at the pit of my stomach.

"I don't know...Rick." I make air quotes for his name.

"It's Eric."

"How did you end up joining social media?" I ask him another question.

"A devil did it. A devil named Melanie." I smacked his arm again.

He whimpers in pain. "Don't you dare say anything about my princess." I glare at him.

"Your princess made me swear on all of her doll houses that I won't delete the account or even change anything." I nod my head in understanding.

"Okay."

"Okay."

"Okay."

I sigh deeply and rub my palms. I still feel like something is missing.

"You feeling cold? Come on let's sit somewhere." He entwined his palms with mine and shocks of electricity runs through my spine.

My eyes widen as realization hit me like an iceberg.

I see her everyday...It can't be me. Can it?

He tries to pulls me but I stand still in the middle of the bridge.

"Liza? What happened?" He pauses and turns around.

Act cool. Act cool.

"Nothing. Come on let's go." I walk forward but he stops me.

"Everytime you say this, there's always something which is bothering you. I did learned that about you in these past few months. Now will you please tell me?" He shows me his puppy dog eyes.

I exhale loudly. Should I ask him? I look at him and realize that it's no use of hiding this from him.

"What...What happened to the girl you liked?" I ask him, trying to avoid his piercing blue eyes which has now made my heart rate a bit faster.

He scratches the nape of his neck. "Let's just say that I won her heart."

He did? How?

"Really? How are you so su—" Suddenly I'm pulled to his chest and his lips stop me from speaking further. My mind feels dizzy.

The butterflies erupt in my stomach and my knees go weak, but he holds my waist tightly. I'm still frozen in shock. My heart is beating erratically. I fear that he might hear it. He bites my lip to give him more access but I can't move. Hell, I can't even think properly.

He breaks the kiss and guilt washes over him. My brain finally starts functioning properly and I blush in embarrassment.

"Elizabeth, I'm sorry I shou—"

"Oh shut up." I pull him to my height and kiss him. He first freezes in shock but then kisses me back. I tightly grip his shirt and run my hand through his hair. He holds my neck and bites my lip asking for permission to give him more access. I finally open my mouth and feel his tongue thrusting inside, making me moan.

My mind feels dizzy, my knees have already given up on me and the butterflies can't stop fluttering everywhere in my stomach. I let out another moan and tightly grip his hair which makes him groan.

We finally break off the kiss after few seconds, feeling breathless. My face flushes up due to the recent events and I hide my face on his chest. I can hear his heart beat going very fast. I inhale his fruity peaches scent and sigh in relief.

Suddenly his chest vibrates, finding my actions amusing. I feel a feathery kiss on top of my head and he places his chin. His arms engulfs me in a protective manner, like he never wants to let go of me.

I don't plan on going anywhere...

"Been wanting to do that for some time now." I hum in response.

I can hear his soft heart beats, breathing movements on his chest and I can feel that he's playing with my fingers. I don't want to let go of him.

"So...Now what?" I don't say anything. I rather stay like this forever.

"Liza? Will you say something?" I shake my head. I'm too embarrassed to face him.

"So cute." I hear him mumble.

Another minute of silence passes. I can hear the bicycles and children playing.

"Liza?" I hum in response.

"How about turning that third outing into the first date?" My heart just skipped a beat.

I finally leave his embrace and look around. The sun has almost set making the sky deep red in colour. Birds are flying back to their nests, probably. The cool wind makes me shiver a bit. It's a perfect evening.

I finally look into the eyes of the man in front of me. His light blue eyes are looking at me expectantly, his hair is in a disheveled mess and lips are bit swollen.

I don't need to think twice to answer this.

"Yes."

THE END.
(Unofficially)