CHAPTER 16: What?!

"I'm sorry for everything."

"Elizabeth, you heard me, I'm sorry."

"Do you forgive me?"

"You are very drunk but you act as a sober very easily Miss Green. I'm impressed."

I gasped as I jolted up from my bed. It's still dark outside. I look at the new alarm and see it's only four in the morning.

Only five hours left.

It's been a exact six days since Mr King came here and saw me half naked. A week since he apologized to me.

When I went to the office next day to get some answers I found that he had already gone to Washington to attend an emergency.

I have had a few fragments of my drunken night but it is hard to believe that he apologized for his behavior.

I feel miserable. There are so many unanswered questions in my mind and only he has the answer. I want to talk to somebody. But Ari can't help me in that case.

I still haven't replied to his text. I just don't have the energy to do so. I can't disturb anybody at this hour.

I get up from my bed and decide to go for a walk around the neighborhood to clear my mind.

I change my outfit to track pants and a shirt, leave a note to Ari and close the apartment door.

As I walk down the neighborhood, I see few people running, dogs barking and little rays of sunlight is slowly overtaking the dark night.

My life was also the same. After darkness there is always light.

I sit on the park bench and think how far I've come in life. Only eight months ago I shifted here to experience city life and be independent. I've accomplished my mission of getting a job and an apartment.

I look at the old couple walking together in front of me. Their happiness is clearly showing on their faces. They must have also crossed many difficulties in life and are now happily spending the rest of it.

I'm also sure that I will also be happy like them later in life and make sure that I'll leave no bad grudges against anybody.

Darling you are...

Even though I still hadn't replied to him I have to get over my small crush or infatuation I have for him. I just can't leave a friend behind in life whether I have met him or not. He's still my friend. I should be happy that he finally likes somebody and I'll make sure that I'll help him whenever he needs me. I'll try to stabilize all the 'digital' pillars of our friendship and it will start by saying sorry.

I inhale and exhale deeply. I feel a new confidence in me and I know that I should never let it break.

I take out my phone from my pocket and look at the time. It's only five in the morning. I've been out for almost an hour.

Ping!

'hey... R u up?'

Wow. This guy wakes up early.

' hey. Been up for an hour'

'couldn't sleep?'

'no. What about u?'

'just woke up'

'u r an early riser.'

'yeah. Since 7 years.'

'wow that's cool'

'yeah it is.'

Okay, Elizabeth you can do this!

' I'm sry'

No reply.

Did I loose him?

' for what?'

Phew!

' for not responding to ur text earlier.'

'oh! It's okay I understand. U ver probably busy.'

' I kind of was'

'so was I. Even I didn't text u d whole week. Forgive me?'

I widened my eyes.

' u r really asking for forgiveness? What happened to u?'

' somebody once told me that saying sorry doesn't hurt anybody's ego. It means that u care for that person.'

I couldn't help but smile. Using my own words on me, are we?

' that's one great person. I would like to meet her someday.'

'yeah...me too'

Wait what?!