CHAPTER 31: Kissing him to life

Only fifteen minutes remaining for the clock to strike five. I give final touches to my make up and hair. My mom curled my hair and tied it into a loose bun. She let me borrow her silver hairpin.

Ping!

I pick up my phone from the table and look at the screen.

'wish me luck pretty lady.'

'Y?'

'I don't know. Taking out the girl I like as my date to a party.'

'did u mend things with her?'

'yes.'

'gud. Make sure she enjoys it'

'I will.'

"Who are you talking to?" My mother asks me as she sets down the curling iron.

"Rick." She hums in response.

"Do you like him?" My mother takes out her small diamond earrings.

"I used to." I answer truthfully.

She raises her eyebrow. "Used to?"

"He likes somebody else and I'm happy for him. It did hurt at first but I got over it."

"I taught you well. I just wish that Thomas was here to see how beautiful his princess looks right now." A lone tear drops from her eyes but she wipes it.

"I wish the same mom." I give her a hug.

"My lady, your date is here." My father enters the room. "You look beautiful, Lizzy."

"Thank you Daddy." I give him a smile.

I apply a little more foundation on my bare neck. My main purpose? To hide the hickey Eric gave me.

I wear my heels and my coat. I see Eric standing near the staircase, shaking his leg.

Is he nervous?

"Hey." He looks at me and smiles brightly. I take my time checking him out. A black tux with light blue tie. He had styled his jet black hair and his dimples were showing off as he gave me a smile.

So cute!

"You look good, Miss Green." He smirks.

"You don't look so bad, Mr King." He scowls at my remark. I chuckle at his expression.

I say goodbye to my parents and got emotional again. I promised to visit them again.

"So, where is the party held at?" I ask him as soon as he starts driving.

"At the hotel." Oh.

He continues to drive in silence and soon we reach the hotel. He hands the keys to the valet and takes my hand as we enter the ballroom where the party is going on.

"Miss, may I have your coat?" A bellboy asks me and I take off my coat while Eric was busy on his phone.

"Oh my..." A familiar voice says from behind. I turn around and Eric snaps his head behind.

"Damn pretty lady, you look hot." Jason whistles. Eric looks at me and freezes. His eyes are roaming all over my body and I couldn't help but blush under his gaze.

"She does look hot, Jason but you shouldn't compliment our dear friend like this. You are dating somebody." Mark speaks.

"Hey! Don't tell me. You too are dating someone." Jason snaps at him.

"You look lovely Elizabeth." Richard compliments me.

"Thank you Richard. You look good too." He's wearing a blue tuxedo with a red tie.

"When did you guys get here?" I ask them.

"This morning." Mark replies.

"Richard..." A sweet feminine voice calls for him and I see a lady wearing a red gown which clearly shows her small growing bump.

"Hey Candy!" Jason waves his hand in excitement. "When will you pop out jellybeans?"

"Don't you dare say anything or else we won't make you the godfather." She glares at Jason.

His face sulks. "Sorry Candy."

She turns to me and smiles very sweetly at me. "Hi! I'm Candice, you must be Elizabeth. It's so nice to finally meet you." She gives me a hug and her bump comes in the between.

Woah. Talk about pregnancy hormones.

"It's nice to meet you too, Candice."

"Wow. You look really pretty. Doesn't she look pretty Richard?" She asks her husband.

"Yes, she does baby and so do you." He pecks her lips.

"Hey Eric? You okay buddy?" Mark shakes Eric's shoulder but he's still staring at me. He hasn't said anything to anybody yet.

Maybe it was a bad idea to buy this dress?

"Looks like he needs a kiss from all of us. Come on Jason, let's put down our pride and kiss our friend to life." Mark makes a kissy face in front of Eric. Jason also joins him.

"What the hell?! Ewww no!Get off my face! Get off!" Eric snaps out of his daze and pushes both of them.

Both of them burst out laughing and give a high five to each other.

"Are they always like this?" I whisper to Candice.

"Yes. They were even worse during their college days." She whispers me back.

"You knew them since college?" I ask her getting surprised.

"Yeah. They were the perfect group. Mark was the womanizer, Jason was the mischievous one, Richard was the careful one and Eric was the geeky one."

"Wow. That's amazing." I say to her.

"Dude, never ever repeat that action again. I was going to get scarred for life." Eric says getting annoyed with their behavior.

"Chill Eric. We had to stop you from ogling Ellie too much." Mark says.

"Ellie?" Both of us say this unison. We look at each other and blush.

"Okay boys. I already have four children and the fifth one will join us soon in couple of months. Why can't we just go inside and continue your tantrums?" Candice asks getting annoyed.

"Candy's right, we'll kiss Eric inside. Let's go Mark. Let's decide how to kiss him." Jason takes Mark's arm and pulls him inside.

Eric mouths a help me to Richard but he raises his hands in surrender.

"Hey Elizabeth, don't you think you should join Jason and Mark's team?" Candice teases me. A huge blush comes up.

"No. I don't want to." I reply her.

Eric grabs my waist, sending sparks all over my body and whispers in my ears.

"You look beautiful, my pretty lady."