CHAPTER 35: Meeting him

I have just served my last table and believe me the guy I served was giving me creeps. I do get these types of customers but I usually try to ignore them.

Whatever...I have much more important things in my mind.

I look at my watch for the hundredth time and see that there's only two hours left for me to get ready.

I quickly run to my locker, change into my normal attire. I was about to leave to the cafe when Kathy stopped me.

"Hey! Stop running! You're going to meet him not running in the Olympics."

I shrug my shoulders. "I'm excited to see him. Don't stop me." I leave the cafe before she could say something else.

I am running down the street but I feel like someone is looking at me. I better run fast.

In exact six minutes I reach home, drop my handbag, remove my shoes and run to my room.

I open my wardrobe and a question arises in my mind...

What should I wear?

*****

It's been fifty three minutes and seventeen—no scratch that—eighteen seconds and I'm staring at my finalists placed on the bed.

A white crop top with black jeans and white sneakers is on my left side whereas a yellow floral sundress with wedges on my right. I continue staring at them with a blank expression and sigh in defeat. I drop down on my bed right in the middle of my choices. I think it's time to call the expert. I fish out my phone from my pocket and call Ari. She picks up after three rings.

"Hello? Beth what happ—"

"Choose one left or right." I cut her off.

"What?" She asks from the other line.

"You heard me. Left or right? I don't have much time to answer. Choose one now!"

"Oh okay. Right."

"Thanks. Bye. I'll tell you the details later tonight."

"I'll be waiting." She chirps and cuts the line. I look on my right and smile.

Sundress, I'm wearing you.

It took me only fifteen minutes to get ready. I left my brown hair open and applied a bit of lip gloss. Since we are meeting in a park, it's better to avoid heavy makeup so I left my face bare.

I quickly grab my phone, purse and keys and close the door, I open the door again and take the can of pepper spray which was lying on the table.

Safety first.

I walk to the nearest general store and buy a box of chocolates so that he could recognize me.

I reached the park five minutes early and start strolling around. I see kids playing around, their parents watching them from one corner. Thomas and I always went to the city park every weekend. A sad smile appears on my face but I shake it off.

Now is not the time to be sad...

I continue walking and reach towards the bridge and that's when I saw it.

A bouquet of lilies, on a man's hand, chocolates on the other. I froze on my spot.

The man looks young from behind probably in his mid twenties, around my age. His back is facing me. He is wearing a red hoodie which covers his head with blue jeans. He is tall like really tall. Probably Eric's height.

Jesus! Why am I thinking of that man??

He looks down and sees that his shoelaces are open, so he bends down to tie them. Broad back, probably has muscles too. My breathing becomes irregular. We have been talking to each other for three months now and I still remember the first time we texted each other.

- - flashback - -

I had just bought a new phone after saving my salary for three months and I am scrolling through my social media sites.

Nothing interesting.

Ping!

Huh? Who is this? I open the page and see that I've got a new follow request.

What the hell? No posts. No name just username and a profile picture?

That's a weird username... T_P_E_K? And profile picture is Hello Kitty? Must be some teenager or a kid.....

I brush off this new founded follower and continue scrolling through my feed.

Ping!

Opening my notification box, I see a message from my follower.

'Y do u have ur profile picture as chocolate?'

I narrow my eyes at this silly question. Seriously? It's my account, my choice. This person is being too curious.

' cause I love them and it's none of ur business'

I walk to my wardrobe and take out my nightwear.

Ping!

' I love chocolate too.' Who doesn't?

Curiosity got the best of me and I typed.

' which type? Dark, white, milk, bittersweet? Ruby?'

' milk ' I get the reply in an instant.

I gasp. I think I met my soulmate.

Later, we spent the whole night talking about different things which were somehow loved by both of us.

- - end of flashback - -

I snapped out of daze when I heard a ringing of a bicycle which was passing nearby. I better go meet him. I slowly take my steps towards him. My palms are getting sweaty and my heart is beating erratically. I feel like it's gonna burst out any minute now.

I stand behind him, never taking my eyes off the man's hoodie and I think he felt my presence. I place my hand on his shoulder which makes him stiffened.

He then turns around and pulls off his hoodie.

My jaws drop and my eyes pop out when I see the face of the man.

"W...wha....ho... "

The man stares at me in shock but soon recomposes himself.

"Hey."

Author's note:

Cliffhanger! Cliffhanger! The author left a cliffhanger!
Where is my stake?! Where is it?

Jeez. Calm down. Just swipe left or scroll down to continue.

BTW can anybody guess what does T_ P_E_K mean?

But if nobody guesses it right, you just have to wait a long time to find out it's meaning.

Bye👋🏻👋🏻