CHAPTER 48: Meeting him again

Next day I woke up feeling light. The sunlight is peaking out of the curtain, I can hear the chirping of birds and a cool breeze enters my room, making me shiver under the blankets.

I hide myself under the sheets, feeling a bit warm and sigh in relief.

Winter is almost here. I still feel a little cold inside the blanket so I snuggle myself with a pillow.

Knock! Knock!

I groan and curse under my breath. I get up from my bed and stretch myself.

Knock! Knock!

Does she not have any patience? I walk to my door, open it only to see the man child, wearing only trousers.

I shut my door on his face.

Knock! Knock!

I open my door, getting annoyed. My morning is officially ruined.

"What?!" I bark at him. He smiles smugly at me.

"This has become a habit of yours, Ellie. Shutting the door on my face. It's not a good habit." He pouts.

I roll my eyes at his behavior. "What are you doing here?" I narrow my eyes at him.

"The question is what I actually did to your friend. Look what she did to my back. There are scratches all over it." He turns around and points to the scratches.

My eyes widen. Damn. They are deep. Ari must have...Wait?! What am I thinking?

"Ewww. Just tell me what do you want and get out of my sight." I cringe in disgust.

"We need your toothpaste and hair straightener."

"We?"

"Well Anna needs your toothpaste and I need your hair straightener." He clears my confusion.

"She has a hair straightener. Use hers. Why do you even need one?" I fold my arms across my chest.

"I need to straighten up my locks since your dear roommate ruined my style last night and I don't use the brand which she has, I use the brand which you have." Is this guy serious?

Its better not to ask any more questions. I give him the appliance and the toothpaste and shut the door.

I feel like my bed is calling me back to it's warmth, so I make my way to it. I was about to lie down when I heard another knock.

I groan loudly and get up from my bed again. I open the door and see that Mark was leaning on the wall. His hair is all straightened up.

"What?!" My face is probably red in anger now.

"We need a nail cutter too." He smiles, showing his perfect white teeth.

I shut my door on his face again.

******

"Good morning Caroline." I wish the receptionist in a very cheery mood.

She rolls her eyes at me. "Boss wants to see you." She speaks in a very bored tone.

"Okay." Instead of walking to my cabin, I walk to the cabin which is right next to mine.

I knock the door three times.

"Come in." I open the door and I see the familiar surroundings. The same wallpaper, leather sofa and the book shelf. It looks like he has added the books he had issued from the library.

I stand in front of his desk. He is busy reading the file I had placed yesterday.

"Good morning Mr King. You wanted to see me?" He looks up and gives me a nod.