CHAPTER 12: Drunk night-2

Faint music is going on in the background, all three of them are silent. Their silence is creeping me out.

Even though I am a little bit drunk, I clearly remember my mission here and I'm gonna complete my mission.

No matter what happens...

Mr King clears his throat, "Well, Miss Green, what do you wanna talk about?"

What did I wanted to talk about?

"I-I am t-taking a leave tomorrow." I mentally slap myself for stammering.

"Is that all Miss Green?" He now looks at me with amused eyes.

"Yes."

"Your reason for this sudden leave?" His eyes are now twinkling in amusement.

This asshole is finding the situation amusing? I'm pretty sure he knows my reason.

"I'm drunk tonight and probably gonna have a bad hangover tomorrow morning." I finally speak my reason.

"Okay. Leave granted."

That's it? Duh.... You got your leave.

"Okay I'll be leaving now. Bye Mr Ford."

"That's it?! I thought you would be joining us for some time." Mr Ford finally speaks.

"I–I can't." I try to avoid his invitation.

"Yes. You can. Two out of three people want you here and I'm pretty sure Mark wouldn't bother too." The other guy says. He is wearing a red shirt which clearly shows off his muscles. Blonde hair and blue eyes which are perfectly contrasting his attire in a good way.

"Done checking me out sweetheart? I'm sorry to say but this handsome man is taken." He shows me his wedding ring on his finger.

I blush due to embarrassment.

"See Eric, majority wins. She can sit with us and chat."

"I didn't even said anything." Mr King mumbles while sipping his drink.

"Oh that's right! We didn't need your opinion on this." Mr Ford smirks.

"My name's Richard. You must be the assistant right?" He shakes my hand.

"Yeah, I am. So who's the lucky lady behind this ring?" I couldn't help but ask.

Am I too drunk or the lights are too dim, because I see Richard blushing.

"Her name is Candice, we met at a college party couple of years ago, asked her on a date, she said yes, asked her to be my girlfriend, she said yes and then asked her to marry me, she again said yes."

"Wow, she really must love you a lot."

"She does. And she recently gave me the greatest news of becoming a father."

Aww..."Congratulations."

"Thank you."

"So pretty lady, care to tell me something about you?" I've a feeling of deja Vu.

"How about I tell you nothing?" I smirk at him.

"How about you both shut up?" Mr King interrupts us. We both burst out laughing.

Mr King shakes his head in annoyance whereas Richard gives us a confused look.

"Miss Green didn't you came here with your friends?"

"Yes Mr King, I did but one of them is busy flirting with your best friend while the other one is busy on her phone. So I don't mind joining Mr Ford and Richard here."

"Oh please I told you to call me Jason."

"Sorry." I smile sheepishly.

"So tell us why are you so drunk yet act sober enough?" Richard asks.

Hmm...time to change the topic.

"Did you guys know, Mr King kidnapped me and took me to a awfully expensive restaurant by force?" I say with a wicked smile on my face.

"That was not kidnapping!" He snapped. I giggled feeling proud of myself.

Both the men are looking at us with wide eyes. "What?!" They said in unison.

****

It's been a few hours and all of us have been talking to each other since then. We have no idea where Mark is but I think I can guess.

Currently Jason is telling us the pranks he used to play on his professors and suddenly we heard a phone ringing.

We all check our phones.

"Sorry guys married life calls." Richard excuses himself.

"Yeah you go. Ever since you married Candy, you stopped hanging out with us. Go ahead." Jason sulks profoundly. Richard ignores him and gets out of the booth.

"Well I gotta text one thing to Mark." He smiles mischievously.

"What?" I ask him.

He takes out his phone and I scoot over to his side as he motions me to come over there.

' hey Mark, Don't be a fool and cover your tool.*wink* '

I rolled my eyes while he chuckles. Even though Mr King didn't say much all the time, I know he enjoyed himself.

Mr King takes his phone out of his pocket, types something and keeps it aside. Seconds later Jason takes out his phone and stares at it for some time.

"Oops. We're out of drinks let me just go and order for more."

He gets up and just before he leaves, he turns to Mr King's side and gives him a wink which was not supposed to be noticed by me I guess. He turns to me and I give him a questioning look. He shakes his head and leaves.

That was strange...Oh! it's only me and Mr King here.

"So...this is awkward." I say trying to make a conversation again.

"No, it's not." He answered calmly.

I look at the wallpaper of the booth, trying to avoid his eyes. That's a nice wallpaper. Maybe I should get one...

Mr King clears his throat which makes me look into his eyes and see something unidentifiable in them. "On scale one to ten, how drunk are you?"

Huh? What type of question is that?

"That's easy. An eleven." I reply him. He nods his head in understanding.

"So do you usually remember stuff you do when you're drunk?"

I scratch my head. "I'm not sure. It depend on what I drank and how much I drank."

"You had shots right?"

"Yup." Why is he asking these questions?

"Okay."

"Why are you asking me these questions?" He ignores my question and continues speaking.

"I don't know if you'll be able to remember this or not but..."

What?

"I'm sorry."

Author's note:

He finally apologized.

What do you think would be Elizabeth—oops—drunk Elizabeth's reaction?