9

"Fuck the logistics of this, get the monster child off of me."

Excuse me?

"Did I stutter? Get her off of me!" He screeches and I quickly pull Steph back from him.

"He's awake! He can play catch!" She cheers but I'm in so much shock that Sebastian has to take Milo from my arms and lead his sister away.

"Who thought letting her near me was a good idea? Was it you, Miss I'm not gonna tell you my favorite color till I'm almost dead? Cause it seems like a stupid enough plan to be yours."

"No that would be my plan, but it's wonderful to see you're still an asshole." Bash shuts the door behind him and leaves the adults to talk...with the exception of Milo who is going through her terrible stage of needing to be held at all times or else she'll scream.

"So what day is it?" Logan asks as he crosses his arms and I'm so confused.

Why is he acting like this is so normal.

"It's been fourteen days. Fourteen days of you not breathing." I snap and he turns to Bash.

"Yeah so explain to me why I'm alive? Also its fucking cold in here." He complains.

"Language. She's been picking up on words." Bash stops Logan for me and I laugh. "You're alive because I'm a really incredible friend and I've spent the past few days contacting everyone possible because I rather start a second war for you than plan your funeral." He squats down and tries to place Milo on the floor at his feet.

"Dada no!" She scream and he laughs before picking her back up and placing her on his hip.

He's really turned out to be the greatest father and every time I see him with our daughter a part of me realizes that all of the waiting and suffering was worth it because I have him. 

"Okay, so I'm just gonna explain this as simply as I can. I got in contact with a certain witch."

Never mind my mate is an idiot.

"You did what?" I shout and Logan sits up straight. "What did you do and what did you sacrifice to bring him back?"

"Oh I promised to not kill her for what she did to me and in turn did to you Jen. I told her if she brought him back without complications that she would be spared and we would be even."

"And she agreed? And he's not gonna die any second now?"

"My witch got in contact with her witch friends and let's just say she knew better than to try and trick me or use words against me."

"And why is that?"

"Because I didn't have to have her do much. Yes I got him back but the moon goddess didn't get his wolf back. I had a witch get his body and his soul back but nobody expect the moon goddess could give him back his wolf."

"So I'm a fucking human?" Logan screams and I've never wanted to smack him so much.

"You're a human until we can get in contact with the moon goddess. Realistically we would've went through the council to get to her, but we did just kill them off, so for now we'll have to make it work. Can you suck it up for a little and be grateful that you're alive?" Bash asks with an added amount of sarcasm to match his best friends.

"I don't know. I mean you took my Beta title from me and killed me! Then you make me wake up only to be as useless as Garrett."

"Think of it this way, you don't have a mate to worry about anymore. Go have fun. Be the human that we never got to be. Experience life."

"Oh I'll experience it alright. I'll just have to break the news to my brothers that moms favorite, not to mention the best looking one, is back alive. Then I'll watch you make Hudson your beta."

"I'm not making anyone my beta just yet. Hudson doesn't want the position and I have a hope that you'll get your wolf back and that you'll be able to take the position as yours again."

"So how long did it take for you guys to sell my soul to Stephanie? I'm thinking not long enough."

"Stop joking around would ya." Bash places a hand on his friends leg before looking to me.

"I'll let you guys talk."

"I'll inform everyone else of his grand return." He adds before reaching for the door.

"Am I allowed to leave this place or not?"

"When you guys are done talking then yes you can leave. I'm gonna go have some quality time with my sisters and Milo. I love you." He kisses me on the head and I feel the heat come to my face.

"All the time and you still blush when he says that."

"I'll always be like that with him."

"So what secrets did you spill to me while I was knocked out? Oh that's right, I remember everything." He points to my stomach and I nod slowly. "What happened kiddo?"

"What didn't happen Logan? We got to the apartment and I knew something was off. My wolf felt uneasy I felt uneasy. I had known I was pregnant for about two weeks at that point but nothing felt right. It was maybe the fifth or sixth day away from home when I had the miscarriage. I couldn't tell Bash, but now I feel like I have to. I owe that to him."

"You also deserve time to figure out other things. Yes this is a big deal but make sure you're capable of explaining it enough before you sit him down. I don't want this to eat at you. It's not your fault."

"I know it's not, I just felt guilty for not being as upset as I thought I'd be."

"Well you got the worlds next female alpha to take care of and that kids a handful. It's for the best. I'd feel the same too."

"I missed you." I admit with tears coming to my eyes and he pulls me into a hug. "I really missed you. Even if it was only two weeks."

"I've been waiting to wake up so that someone would get that demon child away from me. Death is supposed to be peaceful, who thought she was a good idea."

"She loves you Logan and she was devastated when you wouldn't wake up. It's the first time she's expressed sadness. You even had Lacey upset."

"How is Hudson?"

"Your brother is one of the strongest people I know and I can't wait for him to see your stupid face again."

"And I can't wait to pick up chicks at the bar without feeling guilty that my mates out there."

"How does it feel?" I ask and he shrugs.

"I don't have the pain of missing her anymore. My wolf isn't here so I feel nothing really. I just feel like myself minus the sadness and the bullshit. I'd still like to find out who she was though. Feels like something I'd like to know." He shrugs.

"Well then that's exactly what we will do."

"Yeah but first I gotta go scare the shit out of Hudson and Tommy."