31

"I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't important and valuable to all of our packs. This meeting and the formation we set today is for the future and that is why I'm taking this so seriously."

"Today I am joined by my Beta Logan, but every word I speak is purely from me. These words have come from the desperation I felt knowing that the former council was a threat to me and so many of your Lunas. I've yet to be able to meet all of you and your Lunas before today but Alpha Reece has assured me that all of you share in the feelings I will now voice."

"The first time I met the council I was a naive twenty year old. I had grown up the daughter of an alpha and later the sister of one, but I had never been truly aware of what occurred behind closed doors. It wasn't until the day of my meeting with the council that I found out exactly who they were and how they operated. I was immediately met with incessant questions about my capabilities and loyalties to my mate. I left that meeting unsure of who I was as a future Luna. However the actions they later presented assured me just exactly who I am. They set me up to be singled out during the yearly gala and they tortured me and asked questions of how Alpha Reece ran his pack and how exactly we maintained income."

"As I'm sure all of you are aware, this informative is confidential and is not something to throw around lightly. I would never betray my pack even after having my head bashed into a wall. I walked away from that day with more injuries than I can recall and a fear of what that council was capable of. What occurred that day may have been an attack on Alpha Reece and I, but it was truly an attack on all of us. It showed that there wasn't any care for us as individual packs and that the safety of those we love and care about was not of importance."

"This past year I gave birth to the future Alpha of our pack and with that came interest from a council that I wanted nothing to do with. There was a decision to be made and Alpha Reece made it once the council pried there way into our pack even further. They threatened the life of the human mate to my sister in law and made the first move. The decision to eliminate the council was not an easy one but one that was necessary."

"We are here today because although the council was wrong, there is a need for allegiance between packs. There is a need for our packs to cooperate in a setting like such and for our packs to have commons goals."

All of those words flowed from my mouth with ease. They came naturally and they were spoken from my heart because that's what I have to do. I need to speak from my heart because these men have to trust me.

"The first goal that I will be voicing is as follows." I take a deep breath and I look up from my paper to meet the waiting eyes. "This council is to never use force and violence against the love ones of an Alpha." I state the prompt I have written and I look for any signs of disagreement. For the most part everyone seems content but I can see a few questioning looks.

"Your Lunas deserve to be treated with respect. You demand respect from your packs for these ladies, and they deserve that respect from the other men here today. What happened to me should never happen to your Lunas or the future Lunas of your packs. This is not only to protect them, but to protect you. Without your Lunas you cease to be as strong as you are."

"Now this next part is of the utmost importance to Alpha Reece and I. We do not want intimidation tactics being used on innocent men, woman, or children. This council is not meant to spy and snoop on its packs, it's meant to bring us together, to advance us, and to serve a greater good."

"If there is an issue with how a member is acting or how a Luna is acting it will be handled carefully. It will be handled without violence or force."

"My next matter of concern is who from each pack will speak as representation. This will be a matter to discuss amounts your respective packs. I will have no say in who you chose but let me remind you that we will meet once every three months for one weekend. We will discuss how to protect ourselves from rogues and from outside threats, and most importantly how to protect ourselves from those packs who did not wish to incorporate themselves into this new found council."