26

I've been on this lumpy grass for the past hour sitting in sheer silence as William attempts to stand up every few minutes. It's getting hard to watch and I wish he would just give up and let me help him. In fact, it would be much easier for all parties involved to work together, but this kid is as stubborn as I am.

Let us not forget the fact that I broke my shoulder and refused any help and sat on my floor for hours like a complete fool when I was around his age.

Right now I have Hudson sat inside the training building with the other four and they're getting a nice long lecture on taking things into your own hands. They've yet again took matters into their own hands this morning, as if what they did last night wasn't bad enough. They beat up one of their own in an attempt to push blame onto only one of them. It's hard to hear that the hard work Bash and Hudson have been doing with these boys isn't paying off as well as we'd hoped.

I will, however, be making sure all four of them don't get any high rank position. Those four will not be taking Tommy's place or any place for that matter. I don't care how much time we wasted, it wouldn't feel right giving the position to someone so different from Tommy.

William though? I don't like this kid one bit, but there still something about him.

He's me at his age.

Same attitude problem and apparent hatred for the world. The refusal for help seems to be his shining characteristic but I know that if I'm even the slightest bit correct that he's a good kid and that there's potential.

"William, I need you to stand up and come with me. You need stand on your own or you let me help you." I rise to my feet and he looks up to me with fear. "Either option works, but you need to get up because you are joining me for lunch with my family."

"Lunch? With your family?" He asks in confusion and I nod while sticking out a hand to him. "Why are you inviting me anywhere? Last time I checked I was being punished." He sneers and I reach down to grab his hand.

"Yeah well you're clearly not okay so let me help you and while we are at it you can explain in your words what happened last night." I help him onto his feet and I finally realize why Hudson was nervous to leave me with him. He's around the same height as the twins and is awfully intimidating at close range.

"Okay." He gives in as he starts to follow me back to the house.

"Obviously I'm you're Luna, but my name is Jenifer. I don't want you to think I'm awful or a psycho, but I'm clearly not the type to follow a lot of norms. I do things that I think work and I do things that I find to be useful. Keeping you on the training field isn't useful, but lunch with my family, in my opinion, works for what I want." I explain as we finally step onto the front porch.

"Now you're gonna stay here and I'm gonna get you some ice. Can you follow that order?" I ask and he rolls his eyes before finally cracking a smile.

"Yes ma'am." He salutes me as I enter the house and I'm immediately met with Sebastian who has Milo on his hip.

"I see you've taken this new found power and done this with it?" He asks in confusion and I put my finger to my lips so that he stops talking.

"My handsome Alpha needs to put a cork in it cause I'm pretty sure that's gonna be Tommy's replacement in a year."

"William?" He asks with a laugh as he follows me into the kitchen. "The disrespectful wolf who doesn't listen to a word anybody has to say? The one who stormed off yesterday when you tried to speak to him? Jen, why him? What about the other four? Bradley seems way more fitting and he's not hard to order around. He's a good kid who just messed up yesterday and he's overall a better fit."