Chapter 9

It had been a month since Naruto had learned all the knowledge of fire god slayer magic. He deliberately asked Makarov to give him some time to perfect his godslayer magic before he could return to the guild as usual.

now he was walking the path towards the guild lazily. he did not take any quests for a month and that caused his food supplies to run low, to the point where finally he had to endure hunger for a week because his food supply had run out.

now he can't wait to enter the guild, take many quests and replenish food supplies at his home.

but he stopped in his track and widened his eyes, when he saw his beloved guild was thrashed, multiple steel beams sticking in and out of it. "W-what happened here…?".

Naruto clenched his fists. "Who did this!?"

"Phantom Lord."
He turned to see a saddened Mirajane.

Fairy Tail Basement...

"Yo!" Makarov greeted them casually.

"How can you be so calm after what happened!" Natsu yelled.

"You're right…" The old man said and put down his drink. His arm stretched and he smacked everyone on the head, the girls on their butts. "Bad!"

"Master! Behave yourself!" Mirajane scolded.

"Why aren't you even bothered by this?" Naruto questioned.

Makarov shrugged. "I don't even know why Phantom decided to attack an empty guild."

"What do you mean?"

"They attacked the guild at night while no one was here." Mirajane explained.

The old man waved them off. "I'm sure this is as far as they'll go, so I'll let it slide."

Naruto slammed his hands at the bar. "We can't just let them step all over us like this! Let's go beat them up!"

"Guild wars are illegal. The council won't allow it." Makarov said and gained a stern look. "I won't allow it.

The wizard saint got up and left. "This discussion ends here. There will be no fighting with Phantom Lord. Am I clear?" He then ran off towards the bathroom.

Naruto was about to argue when Erza put her arm out in front of him. "Yes master. We will respect your wishes."

Naruto pushed her arm away. "I'm still going. I can't let those Phantom people get away with this."

Erza gave him a stern look. "Listen to the Master and stay put. Besides, you don't even know where their guild is."

Naruto grumbled and sat down. "Fine."

Seemingly satisfied, Erza walked off. There were some things she had to discuss with the master upon their return.

Naruto sighed tiredly, and walked out to the front door of the guild. Looks like he won't take quests this time.

but he stopped walking when a hand landed on his shoulder. He turned back and revealed Lucy standing behind him.

"You look pale, what's wrong. Are you sick?"
She asked with a pity look

Naruto laughed after hearing that "no but I didn't eat for a week and was about to take a request this morning, see what happened to the guild, right?

"want to come to my house. maybe I don't look like an expert, but I can cook well"
Lucy said with a smile.

"Sure, I really need food right now" Naruto said with a wry smile.

"good, come with me" she signaled Naruto to follow her.

Naruto can only obey and follow wherever Lucy takes him for now.

With Naruto and Lucy...

Naruto and Lucy were walking to Lucy apartment from the guild.

"Things have gotten pretty serious huh?"

"Yeah."

Naruto sighed. "It sucks, but the master is right about not doing anything. I guess we'll just have to wait it out until everything goes back to normal."

Lucy covered her mouth and giggled. "So you can be mature sometimes."

"Hey! I resent that!"

Lucy laughed. "So, you know how Levy-Chan's team name is Team Shadow Gear? What's our team name gonna be?"

Naruto rubbed his chin in thought. "I don't know... it's gotta be cool though!"

They walked up the stairs to the apartment.

"How about Team Natsu?" Naruto suggested thoughtfully.

Lucy unlocked the door. "We both know that's a little too much for a team names, but-What are you all doing here!?"

Erza, Gray, Natsu, and Happy were all lounged around the place. Erza sat at the table with a cup of tea.

"Yo."

"Welcome home!"

Naruto walked in and waved casually. "Hey guys, what's up?"

Lucy pointed at them. "Why are you all here- no wait… How did you get even in!?"

Natsu gave her a dumb look. "The door, duh."

Lucy's eye twitched before she sighed in defeat. "So? What's going on."

Erza put down her tea. "It's possible Phantom Lord might strike at us when we're alone."

Gray nodded. "It probably won't happen, but Mira suggested we stay in a group for a while."

Naruto nodded sagely. "That does make sense."

"So everyone is having a sleepover today!" Happy declared cheerfully.

Lucy walked towards the bathroom. "Alright, if it's just for one night."

"Does anyone know why Phantom attacked us in the first place?" Naruto asked. He wanted to know why they would attack Fairy Tail in the first place.

Erza shook her head. "Our two guilds have never been on good terms, but this is a first."

Natsu grumbled. "I wish the old man would just let us blow them up."

Naruto sat down on the couch. "Me too Natsu, but it can't be helped."

The dragon slayer folded his arms stubbornly like a child. "He's just scared."

Gray scoffed. "He's not scared Natsu, he's one of the ten wizard saints. They don't get scared."

Naruto raised an eyebrow. "Ten wizard saints? What's that?"

The raven-haired teen sent him a strange look. "You don't know what they are? The ten great wizard saint are handpicked by the council for being the strongest on the continent."

"Strongest huh? Sounds interesting, and old man Makarov is one of them?"

"Yes, so he isn't scared, it's just smarter not to fight."

"If our guilds were to battle, it would be catastrophic." Erza added.

Naruto raised an eyebrow. "Are they really that strong?"

"Their master, Jose, holds the title of a wizard saint and has the same amount of magic power as our master."

"There's also the Elemental Four, and Iron Dragon Gajeel. He's the iron dragon slayer."

"Dragon slayer? Like Natsu?" Lucy asked walking out of the bathroom.

Naruto laughed. "So wait a second. If Natsu eats fire, then does that Gajeel guy eat iron?"

They all thought about it for a minute. The thought of eating metal was a weird one.

"...That's kinda weird."

"I wonder if it tastes good." Natsu wondered aloud.

Lucy sweatdropped. "I doubt it."

After a while, laughter could be heard all night in Lucy's apartment. Naruto now understood, that staying with friends is far more exciting than staying at home alone.