Chapter 45

"Emmm....do you happen to be Fairy Tail mages?" a voice interrupted their conversation and causing the two of them to turning their attention to a middle-man. The man was wearing tattered clothes. A poor man to be exact.

"Who're you?" Naruto asked nonchalantly, they don't have time for this person, after all they have a quest that must be completed at this time.

"We are but why?" Wendy asking back politely.

"I heard a call from the master guild of fairy tail, that there was two mages who accepted my request. Did the two of you, by any chance is the one that accepting my quest" the man said hopefully.

"let's see ... is this your request paper" he said, while taking out a piece of paper which contained information about the work, that they were about to do.

after glancing at the piece of paper, and nodded quickly "Yes, this is my quest paper"

after seeing the man's reaction in front of him, Naruto smiled wryly. From his appearance this person must be struggling to support his own life. and most likely he could not pay the amount of money, that he put on this paper. there must be something going on with this poor man.

"I was looking for mages or even people kind enough to help me."

"Of course, we'll help. but first, do you have enough money to pay us." Naruto asked playfully. he will test the honesty of the man in front of him. After all, he really likes helping others, paid or unpaid.

The poor man looked away for a moment with an expression of a sad face and both of them could already see that he has nothing to pay for them.

"Hahahah...relax you don't have to pay or something..." Naruto chuckled, at least this person was honest about his own condition.

"Really, you see my son was taken from me because I was powerless or rather helpless."

"WHAT!"

"You see I lend some money from them for my son and failed to pay from the deadline so they took him as a compensation but I don't wa-"

Then immediately Naruto was holding the man firmly from his shoulders.

"Who took him?"

"Huh, Kiro, the mage who run business her-"

"Where do they took him?" He asked full with anger.

"Just over the outskirts of town."

The man was never given the chance to reply again and Naruto ran to the direction towards the outskirts of Herthia. Leaving the sky dragonslayer behind. He dashed off as a jet stream of black flames erupted from his hand, while giving him speed to catch to the thugs.

"Narutoo-san!" Wendy exclaimed as she proceeds to follow him.

With Wendy...

Wendy panted as she continue to follow the main road. she was already outside from the town and still there is no sign from the blonde godslayer. Now Wendy is beginning to worry.

'Where are you Naruto-san?' Wendy thought while continuing her search for Naruto.

She kept looking but there was no sign of him. Wendy increased her pace and continued forth. She slightly blamed herself for not tracing Naruto's scent even thought she was a dragonslayer. True, dragonslayers have an acute sense of smell but she was still inexperienced and her powers are not designed for fighting, though she can support others with her healing and power buffs. Shaking these thoughts aside, she tried to use her sense of smell to track Naruto for the first time.

She concentrated and focused on sniffing his scent. Multiple scents entered through her mind showing different colors in her vision and immediately sensed Naruto. She made a slight praise for herself for being able to use her instincts as a dragonslayer.

'Got it. Wait for me Naruto-san.' Wendy thought in determination and ran to where Naruto's scent is. As she continue to approach Naruto, multiple black explosions, and flying bodies are seen visible making the petite dragonslayer to sweatdropped. 'He doesn't hold back does he?'

Back to Naruto...

"Where are you guys, keeping uncle son..HUH!" Naruto shouted in rage as he continues to charge to the thugs and grunts like a juggernaut. He immediately found the lair where Kiro and his cronies currently located, and charged in like a madman. The lair was a cave or like a mining site with a couple of guys guarding the entrance. Naruto blasted his way through and made quick short of the guards by swatting them away with his black fire-engulfed fist.

He proceeded to the door and punched down like he always did when he was furious. Taking away a child from a parent was not a kind of thing he would ever forgive. He wanted to punch the life out of the guy who took the kid from his father.

"UNFORGIVABLE!" He shouted catching other guard attention who were near the entrance and unsheathed their weapons to stop the raging godslayer. While the Others remaining guard proceeded to alert their other allies.

"Who is this guy?"

"Is he a mage?"

Having enough about their bickering about his character, Naruto prepared to take out the guys who have their weapons pointed at him. Putting a stance as black flames whirls around at his mouth. As he gathered enough fire, he took a last glimpse at his enemies.

"Fire god's bellow" Naruto let out an intense stream of black fire towards his enemies, while blasting and burning them away from his path. Eventually, the breath attack died down and left tiny embers and smoking bodies of guards groaning in pain. But the attack did not defeat all of the guards and some of them moved again to surround Naruto.

Just as Naruto is about to unleash another attacks, he stopped when an enormous torrent of air engulfed the guard from his right. He widened in surprise and smiled as he saw Wendy came to back him up.

"Sorry I'm late Naruto-san. Let me help."

"Nope....You just came in time, Good job Wendy-chan." Naruto gave a wink and a thumbs up to the sky maiden who slightly blushed at his compliments.

Turning their heads back to the remaining guards in front of them. The two slayers began to wipe them out with their power.

One guard initiated a slash towards Wendy which she easily dodge as she jumped high in the air. The cave was spacious enough for her to jump high. She then began to engulf air to charge up for her roar.

"Sky Dragon's roar" Wendy shouted as she released a huge wave of air to the ground, while blowing anyone near its vicinity. The power of the roar also helped Wendy to stay up in the air for another moment. The wind blew intensely in all directions of the cave, blowing Naruto's hair that led him to turn his attention back to Wendy.

'Wow! She's awesome.' He thought before going back to his enemy.

"Now this going to be fun." Naruto whipsered as he raised both his fist that later cloaked themselves on black flames.

"Fire god's steel fist" Naruto charged in as he swung his fist in both high and low to his enemies, shattering their weapons with ease and blowing them away afterwards. The last guard made a surprise attack on Naruto by trying to attack him from behind which prompting Wendy to warn Naruto.

Naruto, however was able to anticipate this, he simply made a return uppercut, connecting his right fist to the guard's chin and sending him flying a few metres away from him before crashed to the crates. Wendy was relieved and came rushing over to Naruto.

"You're getting the hang of it Wendy." Naruto remarked.

"Thank you, Naruto-san." She replied politely.

"Now let's get Uncle's child and beat the crap out of their leader or whoever he is." He stated as he continue to walk at the tunnel with caution, while the sky dragonslayer walking beside him.

"I'll leave the beating to you Naruto-san." Wendy quickly denied his suggestion. Even though she made out a bit move of herself, she can't really handle fighting. Then the two made their way to the tunnel to look after the child.