Chapter 15

Naruto and Lucy walked up the construction site of the guild and heard Mirajane yelling. "We can all finally take jobs again! Thank you all for your hard work!"

The guild members cheered.

Naruto looked at her. "Hey wanna take on a job? It's been a while since the last one."

Lucy sat on one of the stools. "Not today, I'm still sore from Aquarias' butt whooping."

Naruto chuckled. "Not gonna lie, that was pretty funny. Is she always like that?"

"It probably would have been worse if you weren't there." Lucy said and shivered.

Mirajane walked over to them. "Hey you two. Are you going to do a mission today?"

Naruto sat down next to Lucy. "Not today Mira-Chan, but can I get some miso ramen please?"

She giggled. "Of course, just give me a minute." Before she could leave they heard a crash behind them.

"I dare you to say that again!"

"Erza?" Naruto saw the redhead talking to a tall blond man with a scar going down his right eye. "Who's that?"

"Oh yeah, you didn't see him because you left with Mystogan. That's Laxus, one the strongest members in our guild." Mirajane explained.

"Then I'll say it again. Our guild doesn't need weak members." Laxus said smugly.

Naruto already didn't like this guy.

"You bastard." Erza growled.

The tall man pointed at Levy, Jet, and Droy. "I heard you were beaten up by Iron Dragon Gajeel. Pathetic!"

Lucy frowned as she watched her friend get badmouthed. "How mean."

Laxus turned to Lucy and sneered. "Well if it isn't the princess who caused all of this herself."

Naruto got up and got right into his face. "Hey, back off."

Laxus smirked. "Oh, sorry if I offended your girlfriend. What was your name again newbie?"

The tension was intense and some of the guild members unconsciously took a step back.

Erza grabbed Naruto's shoulder. "Stop, he isn't worth it."

Naruto stared at Laxus for another second before turning away.

"Hah! It's disappointing that you have to be protected by women, and here I thought you might be worth something!"

Naruto growled but sat back down.

Laxus turned and started walking away. "Once I take over this guild, I'll make all the weaklings disappear!" He laughed and walked off.

Lucy let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. "That was tense. At first I thought you two were going to go for each other's throats."

Naruto grunted. "Him, become the next master? Don't make me laugh!"

"It's actually quite possible." Mirajane said sadly.

"Huh?"

"Because Laxus is the master's grandson."

"Ehhh!?"

Naruto looked at her in disbelief. "How could someone like that be that old man's grandson!?"

Erza walked over to them. "That's why you should just avoid him all together. Here, I have an idea. Let's take on a mission." She handed Naruto a mission request.

"Destroy a illegal magic school?" He read.

Erza nodded. "Yes, Natsu and Gray will come too."

The two rivals glared at each other.