Chapter 17

Naruto looked around and saw nothing but ocean. "Are you sure you can still smell, Natsu?" His response was a weak yes.

They were currently on a small boat in the middle of the ocean.

Gray stood up suddenly. "Damn it! I can't believe they took Erza and Happy!"

Juvia nodded her head sadly. "It's hard to believe a mage as strong as Erza-San was defeated."

The ice mage glared at her. "Erza sure as hell didn't lose. You don't know anything about her!"

Juvia whelped at his cold stare and hid behind Naruto.

Naruto put an arm out in front of the girl and frowned. "Hey, calm down Gray. Getting angry isn't going to help anyone."

Gray sucked his teeth and sat back down.

"Hey Lucy, you were with Erza right? What exactly happened there?"

The celestial spirit user put her head down in thought. "She said something about those guys being her former comrades." She then sighed. "Though when it comes to Erza, no one really knows anything thing about her…" Noticing something out in the distance, Lucy pointed. "Oh! Look, there's a tower!"

Looking at where she was pointing, they all saw a giant tower.

"What's a tower doing in the middle of the ocean?" Gray wondered aloud.

Naruto stood up at the front of the boat and pointed at the mysterious structure. "I don't know, but that's where Erza and Happy are, and we're gonna get them back!" He declared, with Juvia cheering at his heroic display in the background.

"Urrp... blurp!" Natsu groaned in agreement.

Lucy and Gray both sweatdropped. 'Are we going to be okay?'

After awhile....

After hiding their boat, the group hid behind some rocks to survey the area.

"That's a lot of guards…" Lucy said meekly as she peeked her head out.

Naruto and Natsu both cracked their knuckles. "Bet I could beat more than you Natsu."

The pink haired teen laughed. "Yeah right! I'll beat twice as many as you, and save Happy and Erza!"

Lucy smacked them both on the head. "Oh, no you don't! If you do anything reckless, you'll put them both in danger."

The waters behind them swirled and Juvia's head appeared. "Juvia found a way into the tower's basement underwater."

Naruto grinned and gave her a thumbs up. "Oh! Nice Juvia!"

The water woman smirked at Lucy. "Juvia one, Lucy zero."

Lucy smiled awkwardly. "...What?"

"How far is it?" Gray asked.

"It is about a ten minute travel." Juvia said. "You should have no problem holding your breath that long, yes?"

"That's not possible!" Lucy yelled when she saw the boys preparing to jump in the water.

"Then please use this." A water bubble formed on Juvia's hand. "This water keeps oxygen in it so you can breathe underwater."

Naruto took off his jacket and tied it to his waist. "Okay, everyone ready?" He asked while putting on a water bubble.

They all nodded and one by one jumped into the water.

Unknown room...

A hooded man sat in a throne with a chess board in front of him. He moved a couple pieces behind a lone knight piece and grinned.